Rest in Peace - Levon Helm of the Band

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Dear Friends,
Levon is in the final stages of his battle with cancer. Please send your prayers and love to him as he makes his way through this part of his journey.

Thank you fans and music lovers who have made his life so filled with joy and celebration... he has loved nothing more than to play, to fill the room up with music, lay down the back beat, and make the people dance! He did it every time he took the stage...

We appreciate all the love and support and concern.
From his daughter Amy, and wife Sandy

"He passed away peacefully at 1:30 this afternoon surrounded by his friends and bandmates," Helm's longtime guitarist Larry Campbell tells Rolling Stone. "All his friends were there, and it seemed like Levon was waiting for them. Ten minutes after they left we sat there and he just faded away. He did it with dignity. It was even two days ago they thought it would happen within hours, but he held on. It seems like he was Levon up to the end, doing it the way he wanted to do it. He loved us, we loved him."

Read more: Levon Helm, Drummer and Singer of the Band, Dead at 71 | Music News | Rolling Stone

Last edited:

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Re: Levon Helm of the Band 'in the final stages of his battle with cancer'

just read the same exact thing was gonna post this on here, but ya got it done before me.
sucks one of the great voices in music and also a great drummer.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score

Bless you Levon. Have a safe journey. Thank you for all the joy and music. God's speed.

Attachments

• levonhelm.jpg
    levonhelm.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 56

Death on Credit

Reaction score

Last week I was shocked and so saddened to hear that my old band mate, Levon, was in the final stages of his battle with cancer. It hit me really hard because I thought he had beaten throat cancer and had no idea that he was this ill. I spoke with his family and made arrangements to go and see him.

On Sunday I went to New York and visited him in the hospital. I sat with Levon for a good while, and thought of the incredible and beautiful times we had together. It was heartwarming to be greeted by his lovely daughter Amy, whom I have known since she was born. Amy’s mother, Libby Titus, and her husband, Donald Fagen, were so kind to help walk me through this terrible time of sadness. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife Sandy.

Levon is one of the most extraordinary talented people I’ve ever known and very much like an older brother to me. I am so grateful I got to see him one last time and will miss him and love him forever.

Robbie Robertson

Read more: Robbie Robertson: 'Levon Helm Is Like an Older Brother to Me' | Music News | Rolling Stone

It's good to know that the two of them made peace before it was too late.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score

I remember him playing Lorettas father in the coal miners daughter, beautiful movie if you havent seen it :)

Anodyne

Reaction score

Great musician and person.

He made a great comback in the last decade after having throat cancer.

Thanks for the music Levon.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score

"The memories will linger on, but the good old days, they're all gone" - The Unfaithful Servant

RIP Levon

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

R.I.P. Levon, a legend in the world of music he will be sadly missed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.