Resistor-Rise

joe

Reaction score
I just recieved this CD a couple of days ago and after three listens I think this album is my fav of 2010 so far.

I would label this album as heavy/crossover prog with influnces from early Rush(2112), a little Tull with the flute passages and early Kansas(s/t debut) with the use of violins and is somewhat reminescent vibes of Sleeping In Traffic, Part II from Beardfish(another superb album).

Led by Steve Unruh, a vocalist/multi-instrumentalist with eight solo albums more in the vein of progressive folk under his belt formed Resistor in 2007 and released thier s/t debut in 2008.

The first five songs off this CD are fantastic "classic rock" but the real highlight here is the epic 39 minute "The Land Of No Groove", a captivating, parody spoof take off of 2112. Ten chapters(songs) long this is a fantasitic, fun journey that puts a smile upon your face. There is prog musicians that have a great sense of humour.:oyea:

rise.jpg

I will produce videos for "The Land Of No Groove". I will upload latter. Well worth the time and effort.

Harkat

Reaction score
I am enjoying what I have heard so far, going to listen to them more! :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
Great suff 'eh guys. The boys at the shop also brought in thier s/t debut CD and I gave 'em a call and they have it on hold for me.

This is the tale to the Land of the No Groove:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Impressive Joe, I can see this finding it's way into my collection before to long. The music is faultless IMO .. also I have a real fondness for that 70's guitar sound and wah wah work which they use well without overkill .. exellent.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I just ordered a copy of Rise from Amazon for around 15 American haven't found the debt anywhere so far but if I do I may order it too.

joe

Reaction score
Sox: The guitar reminds me a lot of Alex Lifeson around the 2112, A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres era. I can't think of another band that has taken that sound and style and laid it down from what I've heard.

Wolf: Ya, I paid almost $20 Can. for it but thats including the heavy sales tax we have here as well(12%). Pickin' up the s/t CD today. I'll up load some videos in the coming days.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online