Recommend Something New

ecisgod

Reaction score
one recommendation to old-school rockers:

The Sheepdogs!!!......it's the only freakin' band form the new era that I like......btw if you like C.C.Revival, Allman Bros. Band, you're gonna like em!

Agree totally I really like the Sheepdogs sounds. I also recommend listening to "Monster Truck" they are opening for the Sheepdogs during this tour I believe. I would love to post a youtube video from the Hamilton Music Awards show,but I can't go to youtube while working....:wa

So, for those interested in a classic rock sound check out -

Monster Truck - performing "Sweet Mountain River" -

Also just recently January 15,2012 - NHL.com featured the XM plays of the week with another tune by Monster Truck - "Runnin"

:cheers2

emso

Reaction score
Hi dudes!

have a look to this new italian band: FEM Prog Band

Thisi is their website: www.femprogband.it

Logo%20FEM.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Here's something I think the blues rock fans of the forum would enjoy, as these guys are being described as such. This is the single of the week on iTunes so I got it for free and it's pretty good if you like foot-stompin' bluesy hard rock. Seriously, this is one of the best new rock finds I've come across in a good while.

Sweet Sour ~ Band of Skulls

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Here's something I think the blues rock fans of the forum would enjoy, as these guys are being described as such. This is the single of the week on iTunes so I got it for free and it's pretty good if you like foot-stompin' bluesy hard rock. Seriously, this is one of the best new rock finds I've come across in a good while.

Sweet Sour ~ Band of Skulls

I like the music to that! Wish the vocals had more oomph to it but the guitars and drums were cool! :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Short and sweet, which is good at keeping my interest.

The "blues" are clearly there at about the 2 minute mark.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Another iTunes single of the week from a few weeks ago! I've really appreciated this feature because it's given me the opportunity to get into some cool artists like Lana del Rey (who I didn't fully get until I heard Born to Die), First Aid Kit and Band of Skulls when I wouldn't have otherwise checked them out.

Here's a feel-good tune by a pop/rock twosome called Graffiti6 titled Free. Not heavy by any means, but still a pretty entertaining and upbeat little song that I've taken a liking to. :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
John Mayer's brand spanking new single, Shadow Days. His new album "Born and Raised" was a bit delayed due to a medical issue but is set to release in May. This song has a bit of a country twang to it in parts and as is custom for most of Mayer's stuff it may take me awhile to get used to. I hope this one is better than "Battle Studies". He also has some sort of weird Jack White resemblance thing going on these days.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Glad you seemed to like it Z, and he's pretty fantastic! I've been a fan since my high school days. He really brings a little something different to each album whether it's a little more bluesy, pop-centered, ballad-driven, etc. Overall he's a fantastic guitarist. I'd recommend Room for Squares if you ever want to give him a listen, and "Neon" is my favorite from that one.

Have a good one! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online