Pink Floyd on BBC TV Tonight 01/11/13

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
On BBC 4 tonight is:

09:00 Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here (a repeat on this channel) - creation of their ninth studio album
10:00 Pink Floyd: A Delicate Sound of Thunder (listed as 'new') - footage from the 1989 tour
11:35 Pink Floyd Miscellany: 1967-2005 (a repeat on this channel)
12:35 Prog Rock at the BBC (a repeat on this channel)
01:35 Wish You Were Here and Miscellany repeated

Graham Parker and the Rumour are also on Later With Jools Holland 11:05-12:10 on BBC2.

I do not know the availability of these items, but I would normally expect them to be on YT. The problem is, the BPI has had a big cull of music sharing over the last few days, by telling the ISPs to block a record number of sites. Surprisingly, the ISPs seem to have fallen in line.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Graham Parker and the Rumour are also on Later With Jools Holland 11:05-12:10 on BBC2.

I am such a MASSIVE fan of Graham Parker and have every album I think - one of THE great bands really from that mid '70s explosion in the style of Springsteen, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Elvis Costello etc.... you can hear how all those guys hugely influenced each other. I have no idea why GP didn't become huge. So now that GP&TR are reformed I hope we get a lot more of this....

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I always liked the pub-rock bands like Brinsley Schwartz, Ducks Deluxe, Dr Feelgood, Sean Tyla, Dave Edmunds, Graham Parker & the Rumour, Eddie and the Hot Rods, Meal Ticket and others, but I do not think they 'fitted in'. In the late seventies they were neither hard rock nor punk rock and in the early eighties they were far removed from synth-pop. Some adapted, like The Motors and Nick Lowe, but most faded into obscurity. Now would be a good time for them to make a comeback. There was a recent documentary about Graham Parker, during which Bruce Springsteen said he was one of his favourite singers.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online