Pikelet

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
l_64de2b04b266ed702055f960a3a9275f.jpg

Pikelet is the stage name for Evelyn Morris, an Australian musician based in Melbourne. Pikelet started her music career in various indie and hardcore bands as a drummer and vocalist, before breaking out and creating an EP by using the innovative avant-garde technique of overlapping acoustic guitar, piano accordion, vocals and alternative percussion techniques with a looping pedal. She continued this technique throughout all her recordings and still uses it to this day.

Pikelet has released a bundle of EP's, and two full length albums:

2007's "Pikelet"

071026_pikelet%20-%20pikelet.jpg

And 2010's "Stem"

pik.jpg

Her music is experimental, off-beat, often sparse and always as weird as hell. But with the melodies of any good pop band, it becomes listenable and enjoyable. It most certainly isn't music for everyone's ears, but it definitely is for mine and for a small but dedicated audience around Australia. Celeste Potter's wacky artwork on the "Stem" cover fits it well, it's strange and a bit dark but magical all the same.

And now for the music itself!

The current single:

A cool unplugged vid:

My favourite:

Single from 2007:

How she does it live:

Fisha

Reaction score
The oh so famous Pikelet :p I can see why you say it's not for everyone, I can't really get into the sound. Her voice doesn't do anyhting for me an the phrases seem disjointed. Maybe for others but not for me

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I posted it in MT and got about 2 positive results :heheh: Something about it just works for me and I can't explain what it is! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online