That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

PETER CRISS RELEASING AUTOBIOGRAPHY
This News Is Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Original Kiss drummer Peter Criss is writing his memoir. According to the Los Angeles Times, the book will be called Makeup to Breakup and is due out in the fall of 2012. The autobiography will tell the rocker’s life story including details on “sex, drugs and rock n roll” and “multiple brushes with death.” Stay up to date with the drummer at PeterCriss.net.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I know hard core members of the KISS Army will be interested in Peter's book, but I have no desire to read yet another sex and drugs and rock and roll autobiography no matter who writes it.

Seriously are there any new permutations from rock stars that are going to make you sit back and go "Whoah!, didn't know that..."

But I wish him luck and a few sales, seems to be the thing to do when you reach a certain age these days.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
^^ Certain characters stories in the music industry intrigue me. Eric Clapton with his multiple addictions plus the loss of his son. Jimi Hendrix with his sudden rise to super-stardom and the almost legendary way his story is shown. The Beatles and the unprecedented media and public interest in their lives.

However, having already read Keith Richards' book, I don't think I need just another sex, drugs and rock 'n roll. I may pass on Criss. I wish him all the best though.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
After reading Nikki Sixx's "Herion Diaries" I have to say I got a clear picture of the life styles of Rockers..
I'm glad Nikki straightened up. As for Peter Criss book.. I'd be interested in what he includes about Ace freely..:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I am just not that interested in the background stories of any band Slip'nn, I have never been a big autobiography/biography fan of anyone not just musicians.

I enjoy their music and concentrate on that, the drama that goes on or went on off stage doesn't interest me too much.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^I am just not that interested in the background stories of any band Slip'nn, I have never been a big autobiography/biography fan of anyone not just musicians.

I enjoy their music and concentrate on that, the drama that goes on or went on off stage doesn't interest me too much.

LG.. I understand.. But the one thing I found lured me into reading Nikkis' book was the fact that he comes across as a intelligent guy..
As with quite a few musicians in the business..
Nikki's book was well written and of course there were the topics that were pretty raunchy but it gave you a insider peek at the years he was in Motley.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm interested in the book and not because I'm a KISS fan or the sex and drugs part of it.

Like Slip said I'm intrested to see what he says more about Ace and his friendship with him (and to a lesser extent Paul) than we already know..and his side of the story with Gene Simmons.

Would love to see if he's gonna stick it to him. :heheh:

Other than those reasons , I can't remember the last time I read any auto biography on anyone...so it would all be new to me. I'm not burned out on them.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I feel exactly the same way.

Besides, you know darn well that the second this book is released, Gene Simmons is going to emerge with a retort for one chapter after another. He might even suggest he'll sue Criss for some sort of slander, libel or bogus confidentiality thing (though nothing will come of it).

Peter isn't going to pull any punches regarding Gene and possibly Paul. In turn, the guys who are Kiss now aren't going to like it.

Another safe prediction is that Peter will most likely spend chapters rambling about how Ace was his only friend in Kiss and the only one who ever understood him. I have no proof of that, but just call it a hunch or gut feeling.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^ That's what's gonna make it sooo juicy and I don't have many doubts there either aeroplane. I don't read these biography books but I'm willing to eyeball this one. :heheh:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I know hard core members of the KISS Army will be interested in Peter's book, but I have no desire to read yet another sex and drugs and rock and roll autobiography no matter who writes it.

Seriously are there any new permutations from rock stars that are going to make you sit back and go "Whoah!, didn't know that..."

But I wish him luck and a few sales, seems to be the thing to do when you reach a certain age these days.

Peter Criss is way more down to earth than the two ego maniacs, Gene and Paul. I'd expect a boat load of BS from Gene, but I think Peter will do a good job and tell it straight.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online