Pat Monahan's Step off of the "Train"

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Pat Monahan (vocalist for Train)

highres_3163340.jpg

Train is like the little pop rock group that could. They aren't huge by any means and even the frontman would barely be recognized walking down the streets but they've managed to have at least one hit single for every c.d. they've released since 1998. The most recognizable ones being:

Meet Virginia

Drops of Jupiter

and most recently

Hey, Soul Sister

After hearing Pat Monahan's solo effort

Last of Seven
PMOCD001.jpg

it's obvious it's not just his raspy voice that's contributed to the bands success. The guy is an amazing songwriter as proven by what he can do when given the reigns. This album is all over the place and better track for track IMO than what I've gotten out of the Train albums I own.

Her Eyes
(The Single)

Always Midnight

Oooh My My

Pirate On The Run ft. Brandi Carlile

Shine

Flower

retired
Reaction score
At first listen I prefer .. "Always Midnight" and "Pirate on the Run" ... I have to listen to tunes more than once to really get a good feel for them ...

Once in a blue moon, a tune such as "Drops of Jupiter" will grab me at first listen, but that is rare ... It is a very special song in ways that I don't care to explain but is very me.

:flirt

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
At first listen I prefer .. "Always Midnight" and "Pirate on the Run" ... I have to listen to tunes more than once to really get a good feel for them ...

Once in a blue moon, a tune such as "Drops of Jupiter" will grab me at first listen, but that is rare ... It is a very special song in ways that I don't care to explain but is very me.

:flirt

I completely understand where you are coming from Flower! :grinthumb Some of my favorite music is the songs that I had to absorb before they really hit me! :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was waiting for this thread to appear!

I just love this album :tup:

And more Pat Monahan with Kris Allen:

Sooty, you would like Kris Allen :) American Idol does have some decent contestants, and Kris was a one of them, IMO.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online