Ozzy Osbourne wants to record other kinds of music

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
from blabbermouth.net

OZZY OSBOURNE Wants To Record Other Types Of Music - Aug. 3, 2010
Ozzy Osbourne may be the Prince of Darkness, but the rocker would actually like to try recording music other than heavy metal. He told VH1 Radio Networks' Dave Basner what keeps him from doing it.

"Being Ozzy Osbourne is great," he said. "I mean, it's been wonderful being the singer of BLACK SABBATH. Having all those hits through SABBATH and then on my solo career is one thing, but then if I want to do anything branching away from the heavy stuff, people will go, 'Oh, he's sold out. Oh, he's not doing it. Oh, he's singing a love song. Oh, he's singing about the…' or whatever."

Ozzy went on to reveal what kind of projects he's contemplating pursuing that would allow him to explore musical styles outside the heavy rock genre.

"I would like to form a fictitious band just to make a different record, but it's the time it would take," he explained. "I mean, it takes me all my time just to do an Ozzy record. But I would dearly like to get a mini-supergroup together. Nothing like heavy rock, like a bluesy vibe."

Ozzy in 2005 released a collection, "Under Cover", featuring his cover versions of JOHN LENNON's "Woman", JOE WALSH's "Rocky Mountain Way" and MOODY BLUES' "Go Now" along with 10 other cuts that were made available on the "Under Covers" disc of the Ozzy boxed set "Prince of Darkness".

OZZY OSBOURNE's new album, "Scream", sold 81,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 4 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Osbourne's last album, "Black Rain", opened with 152,000 units back in May 2007 to enter the chart at No. 3. That number was in line with the 153,000 first-week tally registered by 2001's "Down to Earth", which debuted at No. 4.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah it's all good...but the only problem I have with this is that ANY cover the man has done had the SAME Ozzy whine in every one of them.

Not a bad thing but he should be able (or at least try) to dump the Ozzy/Metal/Sabbath voice before moving forward with all of this. :heheh:

As far as his idea on forming a "fictitious band"?? :wtf:

Again...all he has to do is open his mouth and it will be all, "Hey that's Ozzy"

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'm thrilled as long as it's not generic adult contemporary fluff.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I would like to see Ozzy do something else honestly. His albums have been getting progressively heavier as time goes by and I liked what he did with Jerry on the "Under Cover" album and wouldn't mind seeing him explore that territory on some original songs.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online