Over 1 & 1/2 Years

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score
Thank you all for such a gracious welcome. I look forward to digging into the archives and getting a feel for the forum and it's members. I've just come from a board that was active for several years...an offshoot of the defunct Rolling Stone message boards we'd frequented since 1999...and now it is on it's death bed as well. I was looking for a new place to hang out, and hopefully this could be it.

-The Beatles
-Bruce Springsteen
-The Rolling Stones
-Black Sabbath
-Pink Floyd
-Led Zeppelin
-Yes
-Genesis (Gabriel period)
-Mike Oldfield
-Grateful Dead

Those bands are definitely on my list of favorites...I've listened to them so much, though, that I rarely break out their cds anymore. I have most of their catalogs consigned to memory anyway. Most of those band had their biggest (or intital) run of success in the 70s. I do tend to prefer that period of classic rock, although there are several 80s bands that I would also consider "classic rock" who I very much enjoy (Husker Du, Psychedelic Furs, very early REM, a few others). I can't say I'm partial to much of the 90s music. I do like the IDM/glitch stuff like Autechre and Aphex Twin from that time period, as well as Red House Painters, but that's all I can think of (Radiohead's "OK Computer" is classic, though).

As for contemporary music, the only things I really love are Sigur Ros and Jonsi (their lead vocalist who is releasing a solo album here in a couple of weeks).

I enjoy several different kinds of music. I'll listen to one style for a while until I start to get burned out on it, then I'll move on to another style and so forth and so on until I come back around to the first. Right now I'm in a classical/opera phase. I am a HUGE fan of Richard Wagner and his "Ring of the Nibelung" cycle in particular.

Once again...thank you for the welcome.
jim

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think Jackory shows incredibly good taste when it comes to music Sal.:D

Nice to have another Classical fan in here, welcome to the forum Jackory.:mn:

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score
Actually I'm 324 years old, but I don't really show it. You'd think a man of those years would be able to exercise greater control of English grammar, but then again senility will do that to you. :)

Naw...I just mean to say that I was listening to the Who, Jethro Tull, ELP, The Stones, etc. etc. etc. back when I was 8 years old, and that's right at 30 years of classic rock...I mean to say I was listening to it before it was called "classic"...

Any other old foagies here?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah I am with you Jackory, been listening to rock music since Get Back was released in the late sixties.:tup:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Hey, I was listening to the Beatles and the Stones on the radio when they first hit big, and I was shelling out for their albums by 1967!

:D

Welcome!

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online