Original Punk

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'm fan of The Misfits ( Danzig era ) , The Cramps, Black Flag, etc. Not sure Black Flag qualifies as Original Punk since they are a 80s band..Like some Ramones, Blondie ( though they seem more new wave to me ), Patti Smith, and as Numb said previously, I like some Hard Core Punk like The Exploited etc.

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Couldn't stand it at the time. I can tolerate some of the old songs now to a point that my ears ***** up a little and it brings a smile if I happen to hear something like Pretty Vacant or God save the Queen.

I could never call myself a fan though....

E-Z

Reaction score
I like some Hard Core Punk like The Exploited etc.
Yeah I just bought some early Exploited such as there first album Punks Not Dead the other week mainly cos Paul Di'Anno ex-Iron Maiden vocalist has claimed he's an Exploited fan?. I must admit it isn't my cup of tea the vocalist Wattie Buchan 'shouts all his lyrics' and each "song" virtually sounds like the previous one. I must admit I like many of the song titles a lot of them are amusing to read.

E-Z

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Ramones, Pistols and Early Clash are for me the purest form of punk.
Then you get to some of the west coast pioneers who had a different vibe but certainly qualify IMO.
Fear, Dead Kennedys.

At a certain point, once the term caught on it got watered down to meaninglessness.
Blondie punk? Not in any way.
Neither were the Talking Heads IMO.
But Television was the first band to play CBGB.
And I would hesitate to call them punk.
Not sure what to call them (Art Rock?) but I don't think they exist in the same category as the Ramones. David Byrne and the Talking Heads might owe Television a big thanks.
Ramones were the punk patient zero IMO.

Great music but Punk rock?

VS No mistaking it.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online