Orchid (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
orchid-header.jpg

Founded in San Francisco in 2007 Orchid released their first EP in 2009 and a cult following started, this band sound like Black Sabbath, Zeppelin and others from the past. Band members are,Theo Mindell (Vocals), Carter Kennedy (Drums), Mark Thomas Baker, (Guitar), Keith Nickel, (Bass). This band are going places and have been stated as blowing everything away in their path.

Their albums are heavy and full of riffs straight from the 70's yet they still have a new vibe.

EP'S

Through The Devils Doorway

155x155.jpg

Heretic

5185eA6HkkL._AA160_.jpg

Albums

Capricorn

51OIIGtJN%2BL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

The Mouths Of Madness

155x155.jpg

Some of their tunes

No One Makes A Sound

Heretic

The Mouths Of Madness

luke8945

Reaction score
I am a fan of Orchid, one of the top modern bands in my books, here is a few of my favoured songs by them.

Eastern Women

Eyes Behind the Wall

He Who Walks Alone

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I like this band Sweat they put me in mind of Sab but have plenty of their own thing going on. Yeah top sound.

Wizard Of War

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I have got to thank DKW for introducing us to the likes of ORCHID on CRF and another guy on facebook who loves a bit of classic doom.Good to see the band get their own thread.
Listening to the tracks uploaded by Sweaty.Luke and Sox. I have got to say they are excellent. These albums/eps will have to be added to my wishlist for sure.
Must see this band "Live"! :grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Yeah I will be looking for this band on the live circuit for sure, they are excellent and I feel that these bands along with Graveyard, Gentlemen's Pistols and Ghost (to name but a few) are the future of the metal and rock scene. I hope to see these bands headlining their own festival soon :cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Wow, talk about a blast from the past.:heheh:

Really like the sound of Orchid, have to put them on my list for sure.

Nice thread Master of the Brown & Golds.:hab:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
There isn't too much about them anywhere, they have been around for a few years and I guess they have done small gigs, maybe a few dates over here, I will be peeling the papers and the web for dates:cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Orchid is one band you might have to venture over here to see Sweaty...:think:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Now that would be something, I noticed that there are a few bands coming over here doing tours in small venues for less money to promote them, Ghost played 12 miles away from here with 3 other bands for £5 so you never know. If not I will have to consider where I can get to to see them. I will bet they are awesome live.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online