Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
O'Brother

Death-of-Day-CD-Face-300x300.gif
art20428widea.jpg
70962558.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

This is one of my favorite discoveries in 2011. To me they have a very unique blend of the early heavier Silverchair in a slow downed, progressive mold. These guys have a very experimental style and a moody ambiance similar to Radiohead like Tray pointed out. Their music has the unique quality of being odd, meditative and heavy all in the same breath. Here are my favorite tracks!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Another new band for me to check out!! I will be getting around to this today!!

:grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Still eagerly awaiting my copy of Garden Window to come in the post! I will be back with my thoughts when it arrives :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Another new band for me to check out!! I will be getting around to this today!!

:grinthumb

Still eagerly awaiting my copy of Garden Window to come in the post! I will be back with my thoughts when it arrives :)

Cool Metal, let me know what you think of the tracks and Tray I'm looking forward to your overall thoughts once that c.d. comes in. :) I figured since I got some favorable response in the 2011 thread and they were one of the only groups in there I didn't have a thread for these guys were worth the spotlight! :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Garden Window arrived yesterday and let me say omg I love it!! Dark, brooding, intense, moving - it takes you on such an eerie, atmospheric, downright brilliant trip :grinthumb And I just love the vocalist, from his soaring falsetto to his throaty growls! It's amazing how many different bands I can hear in the album like Radiohead, Muse, Tool, Deftones, even Sigur Ros at one point!! There isn't one single bad track on there and I can see this becoming a firm favourite. Here's a few stand out tracks for me

Lo

Poison

Lay Down

Machines Part I

:tup:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Oh wow, that's a great rec Tray! :grinthumb I wasn't just going to wait and see because I wasn't sure how it would appeal to you as a whole. It's a very moody album which might drag to some and it's weird in a lot of ways so a certain taste is required! I'm psyched you like it Tray as they are a talented band and the fact that they can evoke that many bands in your head just means they have a brilliant fusion of music which could appeal to many different listeners! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Very interesting band. I find Poison and Last Breath to be very head spacey.

Sounds good. I'll listen more. :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I have a tendancy to like moody and weird so it's bound to appeal to me :) Yes I really think these guys will appeal to a wide range of listeners. I asked Sox what he thought when I was playing the album yesterday and he liked them.
I would love to see O'Brother live, I don't suppose they'll be venturing outside US for a while yet though :(

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Very interesting band. I find Poison and Last Breath to be very head spacey.

Sounds good. I'll listen more. :grinthumb

I have a tendancy to like moody and weird so it's bound to appeal to me :) Yes I really think these guys will appeal to a wide range of listeners. I asked Sox what he thought when I was playing the album yesterday and he liked them.
I would love to see O'Brother live, I don't suppose they'll be venturing outside US for a while yet though :(

Glad to see you checking them out Metal! I don't know if you remembered but you clicked that you liked the "Ascension" track when I posted it on facebook. :grinthumb

Tray, don't feel bad! I doubt they'll head up to my territory of the Northeast either! :tongue:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah I remember that one...yeah this was good stuff. Always a JOY to hear new sounds!

:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online