Northwind (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Northwind

The name sounds familiar but I never listened to any of their music, I'll bet it's hard to find nowadays...:think:

joe

Reaction score

A band I never heard of. Definitely Genesis influenced and I hear some elements of the Moody Blues, Procul Harem, and Yes as well. There is a Canadian symphonic prog band called Nightwinds with only thier s/t debut from 1979. A Genesis, Styx, Saga, and even a little Rush influenced. Very rare as I'm sure this piece of vinyl is also.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I know of two other bands : Northwinds, of France an excellent band that mixes 70's progressive rock influences with Sabbath style Doom metal and a small bit of Celtic folk. Great band !

And a German Band by the name of Northwind. 80's Metal in NWOBHM sort of frame work.

These guys I have never heard but they are pretty interesting.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Being the snoop that I am, I found a blog with a post from a member of Northwind, Jan Stepka. He is very informational about the band.

78.jpg

Click the image :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I knew I wasn't going to know it as obscure 60's rock isn't my niche for sure but I sincerely like it! :grinthumb "Remember The Rain" is my favorite of the two! Nice melody, harmonies and cool transitions from soft to heavy and back again! I like songs that do that well and that's definitely one! :grinthumb

Damocles74

Redditor lucis aeternae
Reaction score

I knew I wasn't going to know it as obscure 60's rock isn't my niche for sure but I sincerely like it! :grinthumb "Remember The Rain" is my favorite of the two! Nice melody, harmonies and cool transitions from soft to heavy and back again! I like songs that do that well and that's definitely one! :grinthumb

That's the track that got me thinking about a decision to end a 12 year relationship with a sweet girl....rather be alone (/ I still remember all the times I've had to walk alone /) than in and unstable relationship.

Ah, but fear not! They are also running-through-the-tall-grasses-on-a-sunny day uplifting...
Live | Northwind

Last edited:

Rare Bird

Reaction score

The Northwind band i know were from Scotland, UK..they made an album entitled: 'Sister, Brother, Lover'

Attachments

• Sis, Bro.jpg
    Sis, Bro.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 17

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online