Nirvana VS Pixies

• Nirvana

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Pixies

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Texas King

Reaction score
I think Pixies is musically a way better band, while Nirvana is undoubtedly very overrated 90's rock band. Surfer Rosa and Doolittle are superb albums.
BTW no Pixies - no Nirvana.
What is a band of your preference and why?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Tough call, tough call. I went through a huge Pixies phase about 7 years ago where I would have said they are way better. But over time I haven't found their material to keep my interest as much. That being said, Nirvana's lost a lot of their luster for me as well.

In the end I'd say neither one of them is as good as The Breeders. But between Nirvana and Pixies, I'll take Nirvana. I feel that Nirvana matured in a positive direction with each new wave of material, whereas the Pixies hit their peak right at the start. Come on Pilgrim and Surfer Rosa are the ones I really like. Doolittle and the others have songs here and there that I like, but overall I feel that they lost their spark very quickly. But they're still a fantastic band.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
As A.A.G says its a tough call....both great bands...may have to ponder about this for a week or two...[a draw ]

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online