Night Terrors Of 1927

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
night-terrors-of-1927-fi2-440x240.jpg
Night-Terrors-of-1927-198.jpg

My favorite album thus far this year has come from a talented duo of vocalist and guitarist who both had gotten their legs in the Indie scene prior in acts like The Honary Title, Rilo Kiley and The Elected. The duo comprise a pop act of Electronic New Wavey Pop for both 80's fans as well as fans of modern Pop like Jack's Mannequin and Fun. (particularly in Shine and the beautiful "Always Take You Back" respectively) The mix of organic and electronic sounds means the group can bounce from delivering thick soundscapes to immerse into of more layered tracks throughout which give the album a more diverse flow. There's definitely a to the date currency to the sound but fans of Synth gone by can enjoy as the tone shifts from 80's color (The Human League) to darker New Wave tones (Joy Division) thanks to the singers great vocal range. The album is flawless and demands to be carried through each time with addicting hooks, genuine emotion, huge choruses and enough details to warrant constant revisits. The life of a band no matter where they are on the scale of greatness is never guaranteed success but with a debut like this they've already acquired greatness and visible potential.

Debut Album: Everything's Coming Up Roses
1421214355_front.jpg

Singles
(When You Were Mine (ft. Tegan and Sara), Dust and Bones & Always Take You Back (my favorite)

My Favorite Deep Cuts
(Novocaine, Shine & Perfect Day)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online