Nickelback - Here and Now (2011)

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score
8e5876dc0e.jpg

Hey guys, this is my first post and my first real music review.

Anyway, I brought this new Nickelback album recently and after listening to it afew times now I have to admit it is quite catchy.

Overall the music is pretty generic, but there is afew good songs on it.

One of the better songs on it is called When We Stand Together.

This is one great song, but unfortunately the whole album isn't worth buying.

If you can get Bottoms Up and When We Stand Together from somewhere like iTunes then thats great, but personally the whole album isnt worth it unless you are a diehard Nickelback fan.

Although if you do come across a cheap deal on the whole album then go for it, because it is quite catchy, I just dont believe its worth full price.

I'd give it 3 Stars out of 5, some good songs on it but otherwise its pretty generic, not as good as Nickelback's previous albums but still ok.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Nickelback Here and Now (2011)

Hey good first post! I'm not a huge Nickelback fan past their Silver Side Up personally. I have to ask, as a fan you say this album is generic. Do you consider them to sound generic in general or is this more generic than their usual stuff in your opinion? :)

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score
Re: Nickelback Here and Now (2011)

Hey good first post! I'm not a huge Nickelback fan past their Silver Side Up personally. I have to ask, as a fan you say this album is generic. Do you consider them to sound generic in general or is this more generic than their usual stuff in your opinion? :)

Well, ive never really seen why people dislike Nickelback so much, I have 4 of their albums and I know they are pretty generic sometimes, but in the end I like their sound and their lyrics, I do find it unfortunate that alot of people seem to have a personal hatred towards Nickelback since.. in the end its just music, some people like it and some don't.

My music taste is extremly varied though, I listen to all sorts of stuff ranging from classic pop artists such as Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Dusty Springfield to more rougher stuff like Cannibal Corpse.

It all just boils down to taste, but I do think alot of Nickelback hate is unfounded.

But to answer your question, yep, I do enjoy Nickelback :)

EDIT: I'd also like to say, I love Nickelbacks ballady sort of stuff (not sure of the term) stuff like

(If Today was your last day)

and also Hero, even the one Chad did with Santana.. Into the Night I think it was called.

I think Nickelback cover afew types of Rock, theres your Ballady stuff, and your Heavy HardRock stuff like Burn It To the Ground.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am a Nickelback fan and I just dont understand all the haters either :dunno:

I haven't had a chance to get the new album yet, but I have heard a couple singles from the album, and I liked them.

I dont think Nickelback is generic......I think they are "Predictable" :tup:

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
This Albums not that bad. Nickelback really take alot of flack for being a band that writes radio songs. At least they write there own songs. Some top 40 artists don't even write there own music