New Focus album, 'Focus 10 - Crossroads'

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Focus are working on a new album, 'Focus 10 - Crossroads', with artwork by Roger Dean. There are some samples at:

Focus 10

My understanding is that the band now consists of:

- Thijs van Leer: keyboards, flute, vocals
- Pierre van der Linden: drums
- Menno Gootjes: guitar
- Bobby Jacobs: bass

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Yoiur understanding is correct. Niels van der Steenhoven left the band and is replaced by Menno. Menno played earlier in the band in the late 80's. Am curious about the new album.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Am curious about the new album.

Me too. I loved their seventies albums, but they were to a very high standard and I wonder if this version of the band can live up to them. Jan Akkerman was also a terrific guitarist. I'll reserve judgement until the album is released, although I'll read the reviews before buying. Focus 10 is self-financed, so I hope everything goes well for them.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Wow, I will certainly be well into this when it's released, one of the best prog-rock bands of all time for me, sorry if Jan Akkerman isn't still involved, great GREAT guitarist, but as long as the guy who plays flute, plays keyboards, and does the falsetto-yodeling all at the same time (van Leer) is still around, then it can't fail to be less than extremely interesting. 'Hocus Pocus' and 'Sylvia' were like anthems for that whole era and generation of early 70's university campus prog-rock hairyness, craziness, and mysticism (Tull, King Crimson, ELP, Gong etc) ....just phenomenal records, hope you bump this up when the album is nearing release date, great that Focus are still with us...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
WOW!!!! It's great to see this name back out there with something new!!!

:pullhair: :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.