That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

ELTON ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR NEW ALBUM
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Elton John plans to work on a new album next year with producer T Bone Burnett. The Rocket Man revealed to Music Week magazine that he’s booked two weeks in the studio in January and that his writing partner, Bernie Taupin, is already penning songs. He added, “I just want to make an album of good songs. I’m just going to go in the studio and write and see what happens.” Read more at MusicWeek.com.

ANF

Reaction score
Looking forward. Elton's voice isn't what it used to be but if The Union is any indication, he's back in pure form. Please forgive him for Princess Diana and The Lion King (well I love the film but musically its not his finest), his last few albums have made up for those IMO.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
After hearing a little ways ago that Elton said he was done with pop music it gives me hope for him putting out some strong, piano driven albums. I'll be looking forward to this. :good

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I can't remember the last good Elton John album I listened to. Seems like it was in the 80's. I'm a big fan of a LOT of his stuff from the 70's and 80's (not all of it, but a lot), but by the late 80's, I guess I got bored with his overly pop stuff.

Oh wait, other than the Lion King stuff. That was good :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I was originally quite skeptical of him working with Leon Russell since I didn't even know who he was but I have to say that it was a fantastic return to form for Elton. It's kind of like.... Tumbleweed Connection with 40 years of extra wisdom. Here are a few songs from "The Union" that I really love...

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I agree with Cosmic, The Union was an incredible album. So it's got me excited for his new stuff.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.