Neu! (Official Thread)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Neu! was a German band which had minimal commercial success during it's extistence, however, they had significant influence on artists including David Bowie, Brian Eno, Iggy Pop, Joy Division, Gary Numan, Ultra Vox, Simple Minds and Radiohead.

joe

Reaction score
Re: Neu!

Good to see another fan of the band.:grinthumb

Being a big fan of Krautrock, NEU! was a band that bridged Rock'n' roll and dance hypnotic beats with an ambient soundscape. A band that doesn't get the recognisition they deserved. Pioneers.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I came really late to the Neu! party myself, but I like almost all the old "Krautrock" bands.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I must admit I have always had time for TANGERINE DREAM.[:bow:].and KRAFTWERK....
NEU ! [ Pronounced Noy...:oyea: I have been pronouncing them as "New" for years...... are an interesting band. They followed up from the very early KRAFTWERK with avant garde/art/experimental sound referred as Krautrock. I have been curious about NEU! as such great artists like ULTRAVOX were compared to them,and you can hear the influences! [hear tracks]
Listening to the early NEU! recordings Sunny has put up I was amazed one of the tracks sound like JOY DIVISION....and this was the early 70s!!!!
A lot of NEU!s tracks remind me of Brian Eno...
As for Krautrock in general I know Joe has thrown a few obscure in his thread...its definately a type of music I should be looking into .....CAN ,CLUSTER,GURU GURU etc

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online