Natalie Walker

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Natalie Walker
Natalie-Walker-Urban-Angel6.jpg

Here's an artist I'm rediscovering and with good reason. Her latest effort is a Smashing Pumpkins cover and it's one of my favorite SP songs. I'll always love the oroiginal best but it'sa beautiful cover and does it justice! It's off of this new album:

Spark
Natalie-Walker-Spark-2011.jpg

Check it out! I'll leave the original SP version so non-SP afficionados can make the comparison:

Galapagos (original and cover)

Now ironically the first time I ever heard Natalie was a couple years ago when she covered a favorite Counting Crows song of mine "Colorblind"! Now Natalie isn't just a cover artist and I'll leave some original later but she picks great material to cover and makes them haunting and beautiful. The "Colorblind" cover is off this album:

Urban Angel
album-urban-angel.jpg

Once again I'll post the original too for those that don't know it! :grinthumb

Colorblind (original and cover)

I'll be looking more into this artist but those two songs alone are enough to make me a fan! The Smashing Pumpkins one alone is only the second good cover of the band I've ever heard! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Sooty, I just came across her cover of Colorblind today. Very nice! Then I found this thread (should've known you'd make one:tongue:) Small world. :D

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Love the long, flowing hair on the Spark photo.

I know, I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Oh wow, two bumps to a thread I thought would never get bumped! Thanks for initiating it ILJP and for your dedicated eye for beauty Aeroplane! :oyea: Not only did she do a great cover of an already perfect Counting Crows song but she's one of the only artist to do justice to any Pumpkins song! :grinthumb

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
I just had a little poke around on her website and quiet liked this song by her:

Cool Kids

Btw..sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier! You can kill me later :tongue:
I'll have a closer look when I get home tonight :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
You know Limpy that's actually a good track! I was looking through her original stuff but honestly while it was good nothing struck me but that one was the best one I'd heard! It kind of reminds me of Jem! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.