Music Genre Debate!

Settle a debate, is the song Pop-Rock or Classic Rock?

• Total voters

Lady

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :grinthumb
I have a debate with one of my friends - she clames this song to be Rock-Pop, while I strongly remain in the Classic-Rock corner.

What do you think? (Classic-Rock, Classic-Rock, Classic Rock... Just kidding. I just wanna win so baaad! :wa )

Here it is:
YouTube - ‪Michelle Elle - Be Gone (exchanging photos)‬‏

Thanx!
Diana
(A.K.A "Lady". Shocked to find out that "Lady" was available!! :tongue: )

(last minute edit) and maybe others can post more Music Debates? I noticed there isn't a special thread for it yet :)

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If this song came out in the 80's I would classify it as "Soft Rock"...nowadays tagging an artist is a very complicated business.

However...if I listen to Michelle's song and compare it to a lot of the present day Pop-Rock artists, then I would agree with you Lady, more of a singer songwriter "Classic Rock" feel, that's my opinion anyway.

We have forums for this kind of thread, song vs song, album vs album or your thread.

I have added a Poll for you Lady.;)

Death on Credit

Reaction score
"Classic Rock" isn't really a genre, it's an umbrella term for rock music that came out during a certain time-period.

If it was released recently, then it cannot, by definition, be "classic rock," but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's pop rock.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's true enough but I got what she was trying to accomplish with this thread, and you could always pick the 3rd option DOC.

snowblue

Reaction score
Definitely! I cringe when I see a list of genres.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roidteam

Members online