Mudhoney

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Mudhoney​

Mudhoney-band-2002.jpg

Mudhoney is a grunge/garage punk band. They formed in Seattle, Washington in 1988 following the demise of Green River. Mudhoney's consists of vocalist and rhythm guitarist Mark Arm, lead guitarist Steve Turner, bassist Matt Lukin (who left in 1999 to be replaced by Guy Maddison) and drummer Dan Peters. Mudhoney's early releases on Sub Pop—the "Touch Me I'm Sick" single and the Superfuzz Bigmuff EP—were very influential in the Seattle scene, and helped inspire the dirty, high-distortion sound that would become common in the Grunge sound. Mudhoney were also notable for their mixing of heavy blues rock and punk rock. Even though they have found little commercial success during their long career, which has yielded eight studio albums, they have inspired notable grunge and alternative rock musicians, the most notable being Kurt Cobain of Nirvana.
Now I put them in the punk/garage rock/ indie thread since they remind me of a punk band, and since they are garage punk.

Great band one of my favorites very energetic shows. I suggest seeing them live once you will not regret it.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Great band. Classic story of how some of the best bands of 'a movement' just never rise to the top.

F

FoxyPage

Can't believe a band like Mudhoney only gets one response.

I've never been to a Mudhoney concert but everytime I see a recorded live show, I friggin wish I were there. The crowd always gets into it, it looks like so much fun. You can feel the energy without even being there.

Awesome band, one of the best grunge bands ever indeed. The band members all look like fun to hang out with, so damn chill.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have a theory about threads, write good ones, and Eventually people will come. One thing I have noticed though is even when other people or myself post in some threads the Authors don't bother answering all the time...which is too bad, many times that is all that is needed to spark interest and keep things moving. If Mud had answered Flip then there might be many more responses in here. If I write a thread and someone posts in it I will respond and that generates interest most of the time.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Can't believe a band like Mudhoney only gets one response.

I've never been to a Mudhoney concert but everytime I see a recorded live show, I friggin wish I were there. The crowd always gets into it, it looks like so much fun. You can feel the energy without even being there.

Awesome band, one of the best grunge bands ever indeed. The band members all look like fun to hang out with, so damn chill.

I have been to one and they are fun as hell and pretty nuts. It is crazy to think that at their current age they throw a crazy show. I could only imagine how nuts their shows were when they were my age (22).

From what I read in Our Band Could Be Your Life, Sonic Youth said they were always loaded and really were nuts. When they toured with Mudhoney in Europe they were always covered in spit because Mark Arm would start the crowd up. Also from what Arm said when they played in Amsterdam they ****ed the stage up and destroyed just about all their equipment scaring the audience which led to them being banned from that place even today ( if still around).

I think they are one of the most important bands in the history of punk, grunge, alternative, and rock in general. With out them most of the Seattle bands would not have been as big since when they ventured over to the UK they were given rave reviews.

Who knows how it would have been with out them.

I have a theory about threads, write good ones, and Eventually people will come. One thing I have noticed though is even when other people or myself post in some threads the Authors don't bother answering...which is too bad, many times that is all that is needed to spark interest and keep things moving. If Mud had answered Flip then there might be many more responses in here.

Well the time I made this my computer went to shit and I rarely had time at work to sift through the threads to respond to flip.

But like you said the good threads people eventually come too. See?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm not criticizing you Mud, and I knew you had PC issues, but just as important as the OP of the thread comes the maintenance after you post it, and you put a lot of effort into the OP and Foxy does as well.

I look at my band threads like Plants, they need care and attention even if I am the Only one posting in it...eventually I finish the bands discography and am proud of it, plus people do read them all the time, they just don't always post.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
This is probably one of my favorite songs by Mudhoney and one of my favorite songs ever. I love blasting this in my car to the point of ****ing up my speakers (I blew out the back left one because of Mudhoney and Nirvana)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have a couple of their albums on my other PC,,,I forgot about them.

I'll play them tomorrow and see what I think.

I hope you have replaced the blown out speaker now.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I install my own car stereo stuff, saves money and I know it's done right.