Mr & Mrs

Choose your three favourites

• Total voters

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
There are plenty of Misters in songs, but not many Mrs. All I can think of is Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits (Peter Noone) and Mrs Vanderbilt by Paul McCartney and Wings (Band On the Run). Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show mention Mrs Avery in their torturous Sylvia's Mother and Nazareth have a Miss Misery (not Mrs Misery!).

According to a Google search, Dear Mrs. Applebee was David Garricks's greatest hit in 1967. There's also Mrs Hutchinson by Madness, which I've never heard.

Yeah I didn't put the Herman's Hermits tune in because I really don't like it. No, I've never heard the Madness song either, although I have heard of it.

Really difficult choice as I think all the songs are great. Going to go with Mr. Writer, Mrs. Robinson and Mr. Blue Sky.

Kickstart

Reaction score
ELO
Byrds
Traffic

+ this list is totally missing Hey Mr. Rain by the Velvet Underground(sad how little recognition they get in this forum :()

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Can't fit everything in, there's always going be somebody disappointed by a band/song being omitted. Oh and quite a few of my favourite bands don't get much recognition here so I do know how you feel.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
ELO
Byrds
Traffic

+ this list is totally missing Hey Mr. Rain by the Velvet Underground(sad how little recognition they get in this forum :()

I've never been a big fan of Lou Reed or the Velvet Underground so I didn't miss Mr. Rain being in the poll at all Kickstart.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online