most energetic lead singer

Khor1255

Reaction score
"Kick out the jams motherfu....!" well, I guess you know who my vote goes for. Not a fan of the panthers but that guy had brilliant energy.

EDIT

Oh shit! I just realized this is an 80s question. That's hard for me since I could pretty much put most of that decade on fast forward and not feel like I missed anything other than a few nwobhm bands.

I don't know, Murray Attaway or Paul Dianno?

Last edited:

opera races

Reaction score
I'm basing this mostly on one concert DVD I have but I'm going to put in a good word for Tom Keifer from Cinderella.

He's not only singing but playing the heck out of various guitars, and also piano and saxophone - all in the same show! I'm thinking, OMGoodness this guy is the Energizer Bunny personified!

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Curt Kirkwood of the Meat Puppets was jumpy and runny and stuffs. (awesome adjectives, no?) also Kim Deal of the pixes (not the frontman, but still iconic) did a lot of the headbang bass we see in 90s, 2000s and 2010s. bass headbang, not lead guitar/lead vocals screaming head-throb like in metal and pseudo-modern-punk groups. (Pseudo modern punk meaning/being bands that claim to be influenced by 80s and 90s punk music yet only play generic metallica and Judas Priest knock-offs.
Also, Zach de la Rocha of RATM. He got really into Killing in the Name. In concert i mean :D

Last edited:

MichaelScarn

Reaction score
definitely Steven Tyler, hes a maniac on and off the stage, not to mention a great singer

Wolfy

Learn To Howl
Reaction score
Axl Rose has my vote.

First rocker that came to mind when I read the title of this thread.

Georgefrommiami

Bringing rock to Miami
Reaction score
I thought of Jon Bon Jovi. He still has a great voice and can still run around the stage while playing various guitars and maracas.