MOJO Honours List 2010: The Winners Revealed!

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
It was a celebration of legends, unsung heroes and future stars. An evening that saw the likes of The Stones Roses, The Teardrop Explodes, Jimmy Page, Duane Eddy and Kasabian all take the stage. But exactly who won what?

Fresh off the podium, here are The MOJO Honours List 2010 winners...

MOJO Honours List 2010: The Winners Revealed! - News - Mojo

And among them is our own Roy Wood!!
roy_wood_small.jpg

The MOJO Classic Songwriter Award
Winner: Roy Wood

Phil Alexander (Editor-in-Chief): "Roy Wood formed three classic British bands: The Move, ELO and Wizzard. He also wrote some of the best pop music of any era, all before he'd turned 22. He has influenced everyone from Paul Weller to Kiss. That's why he is a Classic Songwriter - with a capital 'C' and an equally capital 'S'. This award is long overdue if you ask me. Oh, and have you noticed that I haven't even mentioned his evergreen role during the festive period..."

and
The MOJO Catalogue Release Of The Year (presented by HMV)
Winner: The Beatles Remastered

PA: "It's The Beatles. Remastered. In stereo and mono. With love. That's all you need to know. Somehow, they still rule the world. This body of work proves why, and this particular reissue campaign was an exemplary effort on Apple and EMI's part. Hats off!"

and...
The MOJO Classic Album Award
Winner: The Stone Roses

PA: "Is there a more iconic British album of the last two decades? The Stone Roses managed to sum up an era and to create a piece of work that also transcends the time in which it was made. This award recognises that achievement and celebrates the album's twentieth anniversary."

and one of my favorites,
The MOJO Icon Award
Winner: Duane Eddy

PA: "Duane Eddy is the reason a lot of British musicians started playing guitar. Ask Paul McCartney, Roy Wood, Bill Nelson (who is presenting the award) or Richard Hawley. He is one of those truly remarkable American musicians who helped shape rock'n'roll as we know it. A true icon of the six-string. Having him and his wife Deed fly in from Nashville to receive this award is a highlight of the event, if not the year."

and many many many more.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
very cool list....Low Anthem is the breakthrough artist....interesting. I have never heard of them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online