Miles Davis (Official Thread)

TheHealer

Reaction score
Re: Miles Davis

If you like the song you should definitely check out the rest of In A Silent Way.

An essential Miles album, for sure.

TheHealer

Reaction score

Well dude, you've gooten me in a Miles mood so even though I couldn't find that album I still bought these:

51MsqUXWcoL._SL500_AA300_.jpgsketches_of_spain_-_miles_davis.jpg

Very good choices.

Kind Of Blue is Miles Davis' most famous album, the best selling jazz album in history and its been very influential in Jazz and other musical genres.

The Allman Brothers and The Grateful Dead were some of the rock bands known to incorporate music from Kind Of Blue during their concerts.

Its been more than 50 years since Kind Of Blue was released and people are still buying the album and new generations of musicians are being influenced by the music.

What an achievement for Miles and his band which happened to include John Coltrane & Bill Evans. Two musical geniuses, no less.

TheHealer

Reaction score

Here's a great video of Teo Macero, who was the producer of many Miles albums and of other jazz artists as well, talking about working with Miles.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Been listening to Bitches Brew more and more.

Great thread here too btw!! :grinthumb

TheHealer

Reaction score

Been listening to Bitches Brew more and more.

Great thread here too btw!! :grinthumb

Bitches Brew is such an extraordinary record and the music was unlike anything that had ever been made before.

After many years of listening to it, I still hear new things and its still a great musical experience.

It is interesting to read the reviews & reaction of Jazz critics back then, they really hated Bitches Brew and Miles for making the album.

Miles was such a visionary and so supremely talented, he launched a revolution in Jazz and music with Bitches Brew.

The critics didn't get it and it was irrelevant that they did not understand the music.

Miles was taking music in a new direction and those critics who couldn't see and hear what Miles did were better off staying behind.

TheHealer

Reaction score

Another favorite of mine.

Very different from Bitches Brew but a truly wonderful song.

It Never Entered My Mind

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.