Megadeth - Rust In Peace (1990)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Five magics is one of my favourite although the intro is a bit long and the lyrics are childish. I think Tornado of Souls is the best track together with Holy Wars The Punishment Due.

ComfortablyNumb: what's your favorite then?

Lyrics are about the same lines as The Conjuring, which is why Dave won't play them live. I don't mind them being a bit childish to be fair, loads of people often criticise Mustaine for his actual song writing which is ludicrous.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
loved it when it came out, I bought it right away. It was much better than "So Far...." which was kind of a let down from "Peace Sells". Of course now I love "So Far..." alot more and "RIP" is even more legendary.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
loved it when it came out, I bought it right away. It was much better than "So Far...." which was kind of a let down from "Peace Sells". Of course now I love "So Far..." alot more and "RIP" is even more legendary.

I thought So Far was a step up from Peace Sells tbh had some classics like Mary Jane, In My Darkest Hour, Liar, Hook in Mouth.

saimun

Reaction score
this is my most playing stuff at this month for me..I'm a newbie for Megadeth..but especially, this album blow up my ears to know more about how Mustaine builds his metal vision with others..
:cheers2

opera races

Reaction score
:tup: Another excellent Megadeth assessment, Riff Raff! I completely agree!

I was listening to this CD on the way in to work this morning after not hearing it for awhile. Great stuff!

Like a lot of bands I listen to with Megadeth I'm much more focused on the music than the lyrics. The music is what drew me to Dave & his band in the first place.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rust in Peace had to happen. With the grunge movement taking off and thrash metal dying down, Megadeth kept thrash well and truly alive with that album. Best thrash album ever.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online