2. Hangar 18
  3. Take No Prisoners
  4. Five Magics
  5. Poison Was The Cure
  6. Lucretia
  7. Tornado of Souls
  8. Dawn Patrol
  9. Rust in Peace....Polaris

Right from when the shredding riffs of Holy Wars starts you are immediately in for a treat as the song kicks in with not just fast but it is furious. This album was when Megadeth had their arguably best lineup of Mustaine, Menza, Friedman and Ellefson. As the album progresses onto Hangar 18 you already feel this albums intensity won't die down, it actually keeps raising the bar. The solo battle I call it is something I love especially at the last section of Hangar 18 between Mustaine and Friedman.

Songs from Take No Prisoners right down to the final track Rust in Peace...Polaris continued on with the fast, furious style metal, basically this album is one that hits you quick, it isn't a really long album, it is a dose of brilliant musicianship from one of the best metal acts.

Dawn Patrol would often be considered filler but I liked the little bass song Ellefson did there. Was a bit of an intro into the next song Polaris.

My album rating - 10 out of 10, there is nothing bad about this album, it is one of those rare albums you cannot possibly fault.

My last word on it to sum it up - This album is intense, furious, fast, has memorable songs from front to back, an album any sane metal fan must have in their collection.

My four favourite songs on this.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is an album I can never get sick of, and gets played on a regular basis.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Another one of those must haves for a metal collection, or rock collection in general really.

Great write up on a terrific album man!! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheers man :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
One of Megadeth's finest work by far. Not sure where I would put it in terms of my favorite albums. Hangar 18 has got to be one of Megadeth's best songs by far.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Five magics is one of my favourite although the intro is a bit long and the lyrics are childish. I think Tornado of Souls is the best track together with Holy Wars The Punishment Due.

ComfortablyNumb: what's your favorite then?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online