Megadeth - Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? (1986)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
20px-Megadeth_-_Peace_Sells..._But_Who%27s_Buying-.jpg
Track list
1. Wake Up Dead
2. The Conjuring
3. Peace Sells
4. Devils Island
5. Good Mourning/Black Friday
6. Bad Omen
7. I Aint Superstitious
8. My Last Words
9. Wake Up Dead ( Randy Burns mix)
10. The Conjuring ( Randy Burns Mix)
11. Peace Sells ( Randy Burns mix)
12. Good Mourning/Black Friday (Randy mix)​

In my honest opinion this is the album that got Megadeth on the map, Killing is My Business was a great debut but this one was what got Megadeth high on the metal map so to speak. Love the consistently kickass riffs Mustaine puts in during the songs particularly in Wake Up Dead, The Conjuring. Peace Sells starts with the well known awesome bass riff. Good Mourning, Devils Island, My Last Words also have really nice consistent beat and riffs.
I dont dislike a single song on this album, in my personal opinion the perfect metal album as far as it goes in the Megadeth discography.
I cant give it anything but a 10. Thats my opinion though :)
Hope this review made some sense and you enjoy reading as I thoroughly enjoy this album, just a brilliant record and a must for any metal fan looking for something to really headbang to.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Megadeth - Peace Sells ( But Whos Buying?)

Yeah the song Peace Sells has punk type lyrics, suited Mustaines voice.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I like Megadeth more now than I did years ago...maybe Mud's had an influence on me over the last couple of years...:D

Peace Sells...is the first Megadeth album I listened to, but it didn't leave a lasting impact, during the rise of Metallica and Mustaine's band I was in my classical music mode, but now I have picked up most of the essentials.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Was a good competing album against Master of Puppets.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Yes and as metal fans have concluded over the years since the split of Metallica we ended up with two fantastic thrash metal bands, the debate about who is better reminds me a little of the Beatles vs the Stones except in the metal hallways.:D

joe

Reaction score

Great review. My second fav after Rust In Peace. So Far So Good... So What was a dissappointment for me after Peace Sells.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

^^Yes and as metal fans have concluded over the years since the split of Metallica we ended up with two fantastic thrash metal bands, the debate about who is better reminds me a little of the Beatles vs the Stones except in the metal hallways.:D
The argument of who is better is pointless to me :) I say just enjoy both bands music for what they are :D

rtbuck

Reaction score

I liked the album. I was working in the Bakery at the time this came out frying donuts & baking pies, breads, & Rolls. I used to make up lyrics to various songs & I used to call my female co-workers (who were my age or younger) I worked with overnight my Bavarian Cream Donettes. I would make up lyrics & songtitles like "Crueller to Be Kind", "Donut Make Your Brown Eyes Blue", & of course "Donuts Sell but who's Frying???

I always enjoyed the album & Rust in Peace was okay but other than that I never got into them that much. The remake of Boots on the first album was fun

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The argument of who is better is pointless to me :) I say just enjoy both bands music for what they are :D

It is impossible to separate the two bands, from the bitterness when Dave Mustaine was asked to leave to the creative rivalry that led to some excellent music over the years, to the present relationship which has all the original suspects on good terms with one another.

I used to automatically pick Metallica in polls etc., but now I have to think about it a lot more than I used to before I would cast my vote.

It's all in fun anyway Riff and just makes good conversation.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online