McCartneys new album reviews

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I've listened to it once. I'm not as enthusiastic as the good rev but I must admit, it's the most I've enjoyed a new Mccartney on first spin since "Flaming Pie". even more than "Run Devil Run" which I enjoy very much.

It sounds a little more "Wingish" to these ears but still, Paulie seems to still be in a bit of a funk. also, before I've gotten properly acquainted, I've defected to records I haven't listened to in a while. it's a great reminder of what a musical sensibility the man has. little things like a chorus or a drum-fill can just be so damned pleasing that it boggles the mind. Paul's a little more abrasive than he's been in a while, here and there. I think it helps it stand apart from his last couple studio albums somewhat.

I wasn't really keen on 'chaos...' unlike almost every other mccartney fan I talked to - I saw no drastic improvement over "Driving Rain" except maybe lyrically. "memory" sounds less dreary to me even though, lyrically, that doesn't always seem to be the case. it does seem that mccartney is, if nothing else, more lyrically focused than he usually is.

I'll give it a few more whirls.

Last edited:

maccafan

Reaction score
I've given it plenty of whirls, and it's masterful McCartney!

This is clearly one of McCartneys very best!

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
Same here. I've played it a bunch of times over the past several days, and it just keeps growing on me. It's got something very special about it, and I would say it may well be the best album he's ever done post-Beatles. I need a little more time with it before I decide for sure, but I don't think there's ever been a McCartney album I enjoyed more on first listening, nor one that has ever stood up any better for me with repeated listenings.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online