That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

McCARTNEY TURNED DOWN WEIRD AL
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Weird Al Yankovic has parodied many a song but sometimes gets turned down by the original singers for one reason or another, and that’s exactly what happened when Al asked Paul McCartney if he could spoof the Wings hit “Live and Let Die.” Paul, a devout vegetarian and animal rights activist, denied Yankovic since Al wanted to turn it into “Chicken Pot Pie.” Yankovic told ESPN’s The B.S. Report that McCartney didn’t want it turned into a song possibly promoting the consumption of animal flesh. However, Al said Paul told him to think of another subject and he’d be happy to OK it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
First being parodied by Weird Al is a compliment, at least I will always feel that way.

Second, if Paul didn't like what Al was going to do theme wise, then that is also okay, the fact that Al asks before doing his "knock-offs" is the best way to go about it.

Third, I have no problem with vegetarians choosing a different path, but I have grown up as an omnivore and have no intention of changing my ways. After all life is always about something eating something, from the microorganisms in a drop of pond water, to the macro fauna drinking by the watering hole.

I would offer "Juniors Farm" as a song Weird Al could do something fun with.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
This isn't news at all. It happened ages ago.

Paul is a fan of Al though. Just for the record. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think that's why 70's has the "classicrockrevisited" intro at the top of the OP Cosmic.;)

But it was new to me, seeing I don't get out of my cave much, when it comes to this kind of behind the scenes chat about who's doing what with whom....:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online