Max Webster (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
today I found the vinyl LP "Mutiny Up My Sleeve" for 50 cents, in great shape too. My first MW album. Is it any good?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
today I found the vinyl LP "Mutiny Up My Sleeve" for 50 cents, in great shape too. My first MW album. Is it any good?

Yes Mutiny Up My Sleeve is considered one of the very best Max albums Stepcousin. Finding a good vinyl copy, that is the icing on the cake.

And sorry MP....Battle Scar(Their duet with Rush) is not on this album but on Universal Juveniles.:D

jazzfuze

Banned
Reaction score
One of my greatest concert memories was from October 30, 1977 when
I saw Max Webster, UFO, and Rush in Memphis, TN. Max Webster was
touring for "High Class in Borrowed Shoes"; UFO was on their "Lights Out"
tour and Rush was touring for "Farewell To Kings" (all major releases for
these bands.)
I was fortunate to have a ticket on the 2nd row right in front of Michael
Schenker and I have vivid memories of this till this day. It was my first
time to hear Max Webster and I quickly ran out and grabbed what they
had released up to that point. I own all their recordings as well as Kim's
solo works.
Rush's performance of Xanadu was like a religious experience to me that
night and I will always be grateful for that evening.
Max Webster is truly a UNDERRATED band and I have crusaded to make
that change for years. Good to see them mentioned here.
Sorry for my ramblings. I get carried away sometimes when I think of
all the great concert experiences from the 70s.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
No need to apologise. I love Max Webster, but never saw them live, although they did appear briefly on BBC TV around the time of Paradise Skies. Kim Mitchell's Go For Soda got some airplay here too. I recently discovered there is a Kim Mitchell Greatest Hits CD, which has some rare tracks.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to have another fan of Max's in the house Jazzfuze...:hab:

Kim Mitchell use to tour here almost every year for a long time after Max split up, his shows are legendary and he played in small venues which made it even better.

Dr Chocolate

Reaction score
Max will also remind me of 8 Tracks at the beach as a kid
A Million Vacations is my most played album to date
Live Magnetic Air is also another most played

i didn't see anyone mention it, but, in 2007. Q107 (a Toronto radio station) had a 30th anniversary concert and a reformed Max played at it. Kim, Terry, Gary & Mike. and sure enough, it was after it happened that i heard about it. that would've been a show i would SO would've went to.
i'm just hoping that hopefully, and maybe there is either a live cd out of the deal, or even better. a live dvd (or blu-ray)
as much as they aren't really a band that plays together anymore
i hope they do it just one more time, that way i can see it

if anyone knows or has this 2007 reunion show for trade (not to download) then let me know. i have a massive amount of live shows i've been collecting since the 90's

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Bucky might know he's the most knowledgeable Max fan in the forum Dr. Chocolate. I have never seen that 2007 concert anywhere in any format in my travels, perhaps if you contacted the radio station they would know if it was recorded and available.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon Kim Mitchell played a free show near us in Buffalo so the wife & I went and what a phenomenal show he put on! He opened with High Class & Borrowed Shoes and just rocked the Park for 90 minutes.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon Kim Mitchell played a free show near us in Buffalo so the wife & I went and what a phenomenal show he put on! He opened with High Class & Borrowed Shoes and just rocked the Park for 90 minutes.

First nice to see you again Master Bucky.:D

Figures Kim would basically stop by your house and play a free set for you...:gig

I'm not sure the last time he toured out west, but when he does he sells out his club dates everytime, Max Webster is still a beloved band up here.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peeterparker