Manic Street Preachers

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
manix460.jpg

Some good old fashioned loud, screaming rock n' roll. They have a new album out as well.

Having released 9 in total, they've been successful worldwide and show no signs of stopping, another album is in the making. Their most famous album is definitely 1996's Everything Must Go, releasing five singles and going double platinum in the U.K

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Don't know that much about this band Sal, thanks for writing the thread for them.:tup:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
They do tend to get forgotten a bit, they were at their peak 10 years ago after all. The music is quality though!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
They are still quality and put on a very good live show, I have most of their albums, I once met them and had a chat with them about music and stuff, James is a bit of a big head, Sean the drummer was a nice chap though. Shame about Richie he could have took the band to new places.

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
I'm glad I just did a search for this band, otherwise I would have started a thread on them myself.

I love them, and have all but their last one or two albums. Of these, my favourites are Everything Must Go, Generation Terrorists and The Holy Bible.

I much prefer the stuff they did when Richey was still with them...

urbancoyote

Reaction score
"The Holy Bible" is a monster of a record. Probably my second favourite album of all time. I remember when I first bought it, and thought "wtf is this?". It was such a departure from their previous outings "Gold Against The Soul" and "Generation Terrorists". But it grew on me, so much that I used to just play it over and over and over. Richeys head is clearly in a dark dark place,and his subsequent disappearance just confirmed this. An absolutely essential record.

Marbles

Reaction score
Agreed. Of the more recent stuff I really loved "Journal For Plague Lovers", using Richey's leftover lyrics. Best thing that they've done for years.

Such a great band live, though.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Brilliant live band, seen em a couple of times. Tend to like the greatest hits with the Manics, though some of their covers on the second disc of B sides compilation Lipstick Traces are insanely good e.g It's so Easy, Been a Son and Can't Take My Eyes Off You.

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
They have a new album out now, and this vid was filmed just up the road from me.
It's a sad video about communities getting older, kind of hit home with me as all the workingmen clubs are closing down here.

..... and this song is just beautiful.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.