Magma!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I've only heard a few songs by Magma, but it's some of the most intriguing music I've ever heard. I can't be sure if I like it or hate it, but I am glad I've listened to it and I hope to listen to more in the future, if anything, just for the hell of it! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^They are sort of like Pink Floyd to me Sal, I only play the complete albums in sequence, that is the way the band intends for their music to be played. Of course that doesn't stop you from picking your favorites and making a best of collection yourself in time.:D

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
^^Great pictures AK as usual.:tup:

I lost track of them and didn't even realize they were still active...but I have to agree they fall into the "Grower" category, you simply cannot just play their albums once and get a true feel for them.
yeah they were an on and off band thru the 80's and 90's but since 2000 they have been very active. Stella (Christian's wife and singer) said they are hear to stay and with another long piece of music (had to be 30-40 minutes) they obviously are going no where. Vander has been great at adding young hired guns to keep the band going although both him and Stella still have it.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I do that for a lot of bands as well as PF, which in one way makes catching up with everything difficult since I can only usually muster 10 - 15 albums worth of music in one sitting but I agree it makes listening better depending on the album.

As for Magma, I've only really had an introduction, but I'm hoping to get through an album once I'm done scouting all the new prog around the place from the last couple of months :)

joe

Reaction score
I have never heard any music from Magma or any other Zeuhl artist. For some strange reason I just don't want to go there. Crazy, I've never had that thought process before as I'm very open to discovering new artists and genres. From what I've read about the band I have placed negative expectations on thier music. One day I'll break down the barrier.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I did a youtube search for Magma 2010 live....

All I can say is they are different. I don't think I will go down the Magma trail, but the music is definitely cool, all types of influence from psychedelic to jazz. I think the group puts way too much emphasis on the vocals. JM2CW.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
I have boxed set of Magma's albums Tattoo'd, and I agree they are a band that either grows on you or you move on. I'll have to look and see which ones I have in there.

Been a long time since I played any of their albums...:think:
Just checked out to see if there was a thread for them.I dismissed them initially but im really into the weird and wonderfull Köhntarkösz album.:grinthumb

nunu

Reaction score
In France, magma is considered a jazz group and also as a group because unlistenable too experimental for us

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online