Lynyrd Skynyrd announce live album with special guests

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Lynyrd Skynyrd have announced a new live album. Live In Atlantic City was recorded in New Jersey in June 2006, and features guest appearances from 3 Doors Down, Hank Williams Jr. and Bo Bice, who came to prominence during the fourth series of American Idol. The album will be released on September 21.

The show was filmed and recorded for Decades Rock Live!, a series of live concert movies originally broadcast on VH1 Classic. The shows took place at the Decades Rock Arena, a temporary name for the Mark Etess Arena at Donald Trump's Trump Taj Mahal hotel (now the Hard Rock Hotel).

The promotors of the original show promised, "performances by celebrated artists from rock to soul who have influenced popular music over the last 50 years, as well as performances from some of today’s hottest recording acts who have been inspired by these legends. Each one-hour episode pays tribute to a specific artist."

Joining Lynyrd Skynyrd onstage on Live In Atlantic City are 3 Doors Down (on That Smell, Kryptonite and Saturday Night Special), Hank Williams Jr. (Down South Jukin’ and Born To Boogie), and Bo Bice (The Real Thing, Gimme Back My Bullets).

Other artists to take part in the original Decades Rock Live! series included Bonnie Raitt, Cyndi Lauper, Heart, Elvis Costello and The Pretenders.

Live In Atlantic City is released on September 21. It'll be available as a limited edition fake leather CD+Blu-ray digipak, double LP, DVD, Blu-ray and across the digital platforms.

Track Listing
1. Workin’ For MCA
2. Red White And Blue (Love It Or Leave)
3. Gimme Three Steps
4. The Real Thing (feat. Bo Bice)
5. Gimme Back My Bullets (feat. Bo Bice)
6. Down South Jukin’ (feat. Hank Williams Jr.)
7. Born To Boogie (feat. Hank Williams Jr.)
8. That Smell (feat. 3 Doors Down)
9. Kryptonite (feat. 3 Doors Down)
10. Saturday Night Special (feat. 3 Doors Down)
11. Call Me The Breeze
13. Sweet Home Alabama
14. Free Bird

DVD and Blu-ray also include: Bonus: Lynyrd Skynyrd Confidential

lynyrdskynyrdliveatlantic.jpg

As a die-hard Skynyrd supporter and collector, I buy every Skynyrd release and I'm definitely getting this on vinyl and Blu-ray too, but I honestly would have preferred a live release without the guests. In addition, the artwork feels a bit half-assed, almost like a bootleg. Minor complaints aside, this will be a fun release and I'm sure this won't be the last Skynyrd live release.

Last edited:

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Wow
This is from left field.
I'm a huge Skynyrd fan but is it just me or does this seem sort of dated for release now.
Bo Bice? Cyndy Lauper? 3 doors down?

But the more Skynrd the better.
:cheers:

Let's hope they do a big live release from the "last" tour which is happening now.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
There's no doubt they'll release one or more shows from current retirement tour.

Concerning the "Live In Atlantic City" release, the band hasn't mentioned it on their website, Facebook, etc., so probably they are not involved and it's a release by the guys behind "Decades Rock Live", who seem intent on releasing their whole archive slowly (hence the weird timeline) and who can blame them. I'm not gonna complain. I'll take any Skynyrd concert I can get my hands on and on the positive side, this show was recorded before Billy Powell passed away, so we get to see and hear him play again.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
There's no doubt they'll release one or more shows from current retirement tour.

Concerning the "Live In Atlantic City" release, the band hasn't mentioned it on their website, Facebook, etc., so probably they are not involved and it's a release by the guys behind "Decades Rock Live", who seem intent on releasing their whole archive slowly (hence the weird timeline) and who can blame them. I'm not gonna complain. I'll take any Skynyrd concert I can get my hands on and on the positive side, this show was recorded before Billy Powell passed away, so we get to see and hear him play again.

Oh yeah!
I hadn't thought of that.
Skynyrd with Billy is way welcome.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online