Lynyrd Skynyrd Announce Farewell Tour

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
iheart.com

d2daf350460?ops=max%28750%2C0%29%2Cquality%2880%29.jpg

After more than 40 years since the release of their debut album, legendary Southern Rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd announced they will embark on a final tour. The Last of the Street Survivors Farewell Tour will take place this spring and summer.

"After a career that has spanned more than 40 years and includes a catalog of more than 60 albums, Southern rock icons, Lynyrd Skynyrd, will embark on its final Last of the Street Survivors Farewell Tour," a press statement read.

It continues: "The first leg of the career- concluding tour, produced by Live Nation, will kick off Friday, May 4 in West Palm Beach, FL at the Coral Sky Amphitheatre and will wrap Saturday, September 1 in Atlanta, GA at the Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood. The tour will cross the country throughout the summer over Fridays and Saturdays to give fans one last memorable night of classic American rock-and-roll."

d2daf350462?ops=max%28750%2C0%29%2Cquality%2880%29.png

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will also have Kid Rock, Hank Williams Jr., Bad Company, the Marshall Tucker Band and 38 Special join as special guests.

The Jacksonville, Florida music pioneers formed in 1964 and are most known for rock radio staples like "Free Bird," ''Sweet Home Alabama" and "Simple Man."

Tickets will go on sale on Feb. 2nd.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
As much as I hate the idea of them no longer touring or retiring entirely, I think it's the right movie. Due to Gary's continues heart issues, I think they should probably even have stopped some years ago. I sure hope this last tour brings them to Europe and that I get to see them one last time! :uh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heard this stuff before from many bands who end up not retiring. lol

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bet it's cause of Gary's health. I'm sure Johnny Van Zant will continue on as Van Zant for a long time,playing Skynyrd classics.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
I bet it's cause of Gary's health. I'm sure Johnny Van Zant will continue on as Van Zant for a long time,playing Skynyrd classics.

Yeah I'm betting there will be something continuing. It just won't be called Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I think Gary is retiring and as the last of the original members it would do a dis-service to the legacy to continue as Skynyrd.
It's a good move.

Actually I should have seen it coming. As soon as they do the tribute concert with the Don Was band it's all over. In retrospect it was a tip-off for Gregg Allman also. The "One More For the Fans" thing says it all.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.