Lonnie Donegan

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I always remember Lonnie Donegan for "My Old Man's A Dustman" but "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor" is also another familiar one I've heard from him.

Here's some clips! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Oh my God! This is kind of freaky CP/M! Some coworker of mine, kind of an odd guy honestly, was asking me if I knew a line about "leaving chewing gum on a bedpost" and I said I had no clue but he should google it. Finally, he comes back today and says it's this Lonnie guy! I go to my CRF updates just now and what do I see? That very same guy! :lmao: Weird! :D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
METALPRIEST wrote:

Big influence on the Beatles and alot of the British Invasion bands.

Even a young David Crosby sang "Jack of Diamonds"! :D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Soot and Stars wrote:

Oh my God! This is kind of freaky CP/M! Some coworker of mine, kind of an odd guy honestly, was asking me if I knew a line about "leaving chewing gum on a bedpost" and I said I had no clue but he should google it. Finally, he comes back today and says it's this Lonnie guy! I go to my CRF updates just now and what do I see? That very same guy! :lmao: Weird! :D

Next they'll be wondering where the song about Grandma getting run over by a reindeer is! :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This stuff is kinda funny. And Lonnie Influenced the Beatles!!??? Well, I guess it is possible, some of the Beatles lyrics were pretty simple and comical, too.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I went to a Rory Gallagher Memorial celebration at Buxton Opera House and this man Mr. Donegan turned up and stole the show. Donal Gallagher gave Bernie Marsden Rory`s Guitar to play for a couple of songs and Bernie was very emotional but did the instrument justice. Rory, Bernie and many other greats were all fans of Lonnie.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online