Live from North Hollywood, it's Dairenn!

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

So, I guess, by now, some of you may've already seen me write a few posts around here. My name is Dairenn, which sounds like "Aaron" but with a D, and I was born in raised in L.A. My late dad and his dad were guitarists, so, it was no surprise when I ended up yet another one, but I also sing and play keys. Been at it since '86; now I front my own rock group named STARFIRE and we actually just released our debut in late April. I invite you all to check it out, just click on the link in my sig below.

Anyway, when I'm not writing, recording, rehearsing or performing, I'm enjoying classic rock, progressive rock, hard rock, soft rock, pop rock... Generally speaking if it has something to do with "rock" other than the geological formation, I'm into it. Although, I've been left with FEW new bands to enjoy, I do dig more recent acts like No Doubt, Evanescence, and Avenged Sevenfold. But I'm mostly into the albums Rush, Genesis and Journey recorded in the early 1980s, Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osborne, etc.

Thank God for Internet Radio; Pandora has seriously hooked me up with that kind of rock and metal I like which seems to be mostly made in Europe these days... If anybody knows of any podcasts or blogs that talks about melodic rock, melody-driven heavy metal and anything of the sort, please turn me onto it. I love my classic recordings from the 80s but I always want to hear something NEW too. I'm just tired of the new stuff that sucks, but wins Grammy awards.

Thanks all!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Yes, I've seen you posting around a bit. Welcome Dairenn. You'll get along quite well here. We're a friendly bunch. :)

Flower

retired
Reaction score
welcome5.gif

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Dairenn!

I have been following your posts, not stalking you, but reading :) I have enjoyed your input in the band threads!

Welcome aboard.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I agree you have written some really good posts already, nice to have you aboard our Crazy Train Dairenn.:cheers:

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I've been looking for a place to express my thoughts and feelings on all of this wonderful music we enjoy, and I finally found the right spot!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online

No members online now.