Live Albums

nwobhm

Reaction score
Live Albums are as near to the real thing as you can get

always been up for discussion this line, but for me they either say wow or i am thinking yer that was ok

if you had to list 3 live albums what would you recommend

would be good to see a complete list of must have live albums .

now we all have different tastes not going to say mine is best but they are my favourites

3....... If you want blood ACDC

2....... KISS Alive

and my number one...... well. it had to be, its all i mention

1.... Stangers in the Night UFO

loads of others i could mention but going to leave it at 3

for me Strangers in the night was UFO in top form and captures pretty much their best songs and best era app performed at the top of their game

so over to you.... top 3 mind :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tough task nwobhm but here are my 3.

3. Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo

2. April Wine Live!

1. UFO Strangers in the Night has always been my fave live record,,,let's see I've owned it since it came out about 35 years ago now.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Official Release
Bob Dylan ~ The Bootleg Series Vol 4 1966 The Royal Albert Hall Concert (Manchester Free Trade Hall)
Jimi Hendrix ~ Band Of Gypsys
Johnny Cash ~ At San Quentin

Bootlegs
Simon and Garfunkel ~ Paris 1970 May 1st
Bob Dylan ~ Town Hall New York City 1963 Apr 12th
Radiohead ~ Glastonbury Festival 1997 Jun 28th

Would probably be different if you asked me in a weeks time, a top 10 list would be easier to compile.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Van Morrison - A Night in San Francisco
Bruce Springsteen - Live in New York City
Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus

Haven't heard that Van Morrison album, I will check it out.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
7776330274_98966717cb_m.jpg

Just an all around great live album, from front to back. It has a handful of different tempos.

@ss kicking with Jailbreak, Emerald, Massacre (my personal favorite), Warriors etc, etc.

It's melodic and catchy, with Southbound, Dancing In The Moonlight, Rosalie, The Cowboy Song.

There's some hard edged stuff, with a few whiffs of funk thrown in on cuts like Suicide, Sha La La, & Johnny The Fox

There's the great, great ballad "Still In Love With You". One of my favorite live ballads ever.

The thing that makes this such a good live album is how it flows. With all those different types of songs, the album would be kinda jumpy, but it's not. The change in tempo is pretty much seamless.

It's a great trip.:)

7776328200_961444a7c4_m.jpg

Released in January 1978, Uncle Ted captures the blistering, sweltering summer heat and humidity with cuts from the summer of 76 (or 77?) with recordings in Dallas, San Antonio, Nashville, and I think, Seattle. You can almost feel the walls sweat.

I love this one with the headphones, because the acoustics are such that, with headphones, it really, really sounds like you're there.

It also has the live "Hibernation", a journey unto itsself. Gotta do it with the headphones, though.

I can't really name a third, because there are so many, and the genres are all over the board. But these two are definitely my faves.

Last edited:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Haven't heard that Van Morrison album, I will check it out.

Do so, it's amazing, it's probably the next best thing to actually chatting with Van over a pint, best and tightest band I ever heard on a live record, he brought together John Lee Hooker, Georgie Fame and Junior Wells...that's as good as it gets....I need to dig it out and play it over the next days now that it's been mentioned.

Khor1255

Reaction score
UFO - Strangers in the Night
Kiss - Alive
Rush - All the World's a Stage

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa