LA IRA DE DIOS (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
LA IRA DE DIOS

ira-arq.jpg
cd3001.jpg

Members:Chino Burga (guitar, vocals), Carlos Vidal (bass), Xtian Abugattas (electronics), Enrique de Vinatea (drums)

Founded: Surco, Lima, Peru, 2001
Genres : Space Rock / Stoner Rock

2005 Hacia el Sol Rojo
2006 Archaeopterix
2006 Empírea EP
2008 Cosmos... Kaos... Destruccion
2009 Apus Revolution Rock

These guys are like a mix of heavy duty Space Ritual era Hawkwind playing psych guitars mixed with a big chunk of Black Sabbath, filtered through the minds eye of a Peruvian rainforest Shaman while under the influence of an extremely potent dose of Ayahuasca. In other words trippy ,heavy as all hell but most of all KICK ASS. One of my favorite Space Rock bands, I have their entire discography with all of them being as described above other then the latest release ,Apus Revolution Rock, which is more like a mix of proto-punk and stoner rock. Having just picked Apus up I am not quite sure what to make of it as of yet but the rest of them are excellent.

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
Re: LA IRA DE DIOS Space Rock/Stoner

Great stuff Wolf.

Ironically, yesterday I was listening to another Peru space jam/psych/krautrock/stoner band Serpetina Satelite. Sound somewhat similar. Hawkwind and Amon Duul 2, especially Yeti influenced. A ferocious but floating atmosphere. I have thier first full length CD, Nothing To Say from 2008 and I see the band just released a new CD.

Cover_NothingToSay_web.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Peruvian space rock...both bands pretty good too....just goes to show there is good music all around the globe !!

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Joe, you crack me up . It's like Deja Vu all over again to quote Yogi Bera ( spelling ? ) . I was thinking about posting SS next here in this section and even listened to some them last night :heheh:

I first learned of them in about 2003 when they gave me an add request
at my old band Myspace ( which is now dead ) So I actually have The MP3's of their Long Play EP along with the Nothing to Say CD. I am going to look for the new one too. Good spacey stuff :grinthumb

@ LOU, yep that is a fact. You would be surprised at how many great bands come out South America ,Asia , Russia, etc etc etc :D

joe

Reaction score

Wolf, was what the name of your band? Any material I can check out? Love to hear some.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online