Kurt Cobain's hometown rejects naming a bridge after him

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I didnt bring it up to say he shouldnt be honoured because he commited suicide, I just didnt think people who commit suicide have things named after them.

I just don't think one vulnerable moment and a stupid decision should erase the impact he had on a generation and his music achievements is all.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I didnt bring it up to say he shouldnt be honoured because he commited suicide, I just didnt think people who commit suicide have things named after them.

I think it's obvious that most of the people making the decisions agree with you, but that will change, they will retire and young people from Kurt's generation will eventually be in charge. Then they will do something nice, also a lot of time will have passed and that always changes peoples view of things.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Hmmm, I have mixed feelings on this issue..

Kurt Cobain was an icon in music and I love Nirvana, but really ? Naming a bridge after him ? It's not really something I would think is honorable.

I always thought he was pretty miserable in his hometown ? Wasn't he a social outcast ? Didn't he write tons of songs about it ? I'm just saying...

do you really think Kurt Cobain would WANT a bridge named after him ?

I'm thinking he'd laugh sarcastically at the idea myself :nw:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online