Kim Simmonds of Savoy Brown dead at 75

E-Z

Reaction score
Oh NO!. God Kim has passed away that's a shock cos Savoy Brown was one of my favourite blues/rock bands especially all there Deram/Decca albums from the late 1960s through to 1978.

I presume Kim maybe never got the acclaim as a guitarist as he should have got in Britain maybe cos he spent most of his life touring the USA with Savoy Brown?.

Favorite Savoy Brown albums- Blue Matter, Looking In, Street Corner Talking, Lions Share, Boogie Brothers, Skin n Bone, Wire Fire, Savage Return to name but a few.

Kim with Savoy Brown must have released around 30 to 40 albums between 1966-2022?.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Loved all the early ones...especially Raw Sienna with Chris Youlden on vocals...
RIP Mr Simmonds

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Loved all the early ones...especially Raw Sienna with Chris Youlden on vocals...
Agree I forgot those two albums in my previous post above.

Back in 1991-92 Decca/Deram in the UK re-released all the Savoy Brown cd/albums from the first Savoy Brown Blues Band album in 1967 to Savage Return in 1978 and I bought the lot but unfortunately a few years later I sold the lot which is one of my big regrets especially over the last 10 years or so as none of those cd/albums are available currently in the UK. Maybe with Kim's sad passing Decca/Deram records mite re-release them all again or release a Savoy Brown box-set featuring a couple of dozen tracks taken from those albums hopefully.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.