KILLED BY DEATH comp. series. - RARE early Punk/HC

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
So... I discovered this comp series in a record store around 1990. I bought #1 on a whim. Actually, everything about the cover peeked my interest. The brief band descriptions and comedic commentary from the "label." The address on the back cover says...

128451.jpg

These comps are full of songs by "1 hit punk wonders." A good portion of these bands only released maybe 200-500 copies of their records, which made most of this stuff impossible to find and very expensive when you did find them. Most of these bands and their members fell off the face of the Earth, but some Record Nerd decided to take it upon himself to compile a bunch of tracks worthy of a killer compilation. These LP's started appearing around 1989. Since then, the KBD series escalated to several different editions, supposedly released by different people, all under the "Red Rum" (false) label banner.

Upon further investigation, you discover...

"This 'fictional' record label is the imprint used by manufacturers of the gray-market, quasi-bootleg Killed by Death compilations on the original vinyl and CD reissues.

Their given, although admittedly bogus, address is in Hell Norway, a rural Scandanavian town with a population of less than 400.

The Killed by Death compilations first surfaced in 1989, as vinyl LP bootlegs, and have since been copied and duplicated throughout the world using the original artwork with the ЯedRuM Records imprint."

Have a listen. I hope at least a few of you are interested. I have every comp in this series and I'll eventually be posting them all on youtube.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online