Kenny (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
8b1a2ee80b8cb702db9f8d49d19.jpg

kenny.jpg

Alright...expose everyone onto something new here..these guys (Kenny) were a 70's pop/glam band that were pretty cool. They had a hard time with the Kellogg's Cooperation due to the K in their logo.

177913.jpg

A bit of trivia: English singer Barry Palmer was the lead and background vocalist on the Bump but was uncredited.

kennyfancypants.jpg

1250181190_scan5.jpg

1250181207_scan4.jpg

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Re: Kenny

Bunch of cuties!

I love how the guy with the hammer is just so nonchalant about it, and so are the others. This pic had me laughing for a bit. :D

Brilliant "feel-good" music of the 70s, definitely. I hear their stuff from time to time on last.fm, and my love for especially cheesy things kicks in immediately. "Baby, I Love You, OK" always makes me giggle, because of how ridiculous it is.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Kenny

Great to see this crazy 70s glam band get their own thread :grinthumb Ok they werent exactly Deep Purple but were fun ....
Some interesting stories about KENNY

Story 1

KENNY were created by songwriters Martin and Coulter. The group had already existed for 3 years under the name CHUFF playing the rock circuit. They were discovered according to legend rehearsing in a banana warehouse in North London.
Martin and Coultier had recorded a song "The bump"[ previously a Bay City Rollers b side], and were anxious to find a ready made band to promote it as it was rising up the charts pretty rapid. Assured of stardom CHUFF agreed to become KENNY.

After a few hits KENNY became upset of the criticism that they werent a " real band" and had to go to court to free themselves from the record label . They then signed with Polydor and wrote their own songs.Apart from some minor hits abroad and a second album released in Germany,plus the fact band member Stile had a serious road accident KENNY folded and never reformed.

Story 2

A couple of years before " the bump " was a certain record in the UK chart "heart of stone " by KENNY . Same name....same record label Mickie Mosts RAK ........Totally different artist.[similar style ]..this guy singing was TONY KENNY an Irishman who after the hit moved back to IRELAND singing under his full name.
This record fools many in to believing they were the same artist......I wouldnt be surprised if it is on the "best of KENNY " album

...........the other KENNY

Last edited:

hum*ucker

Reaction score
i own that guitar shown in the pic http://www.goodrington.net/enlarge/enlargepics/kennyfancypants.jpg

Here it is:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

It was recoated in black polyurethane with gold decal and gold plated stock, with a gold 'K' on the head. It's taken a battering over the years and i had to replace the scratch plate after the original black plastic one cracked.

Never knew what type of guitar it was, if indeed it wasn't custom built from the ground up. However i always knew the K was a Kenny connection rather than the cheap Woolworths K guitar that everybody thought it was!

Funny to find a picture with it in after all these years :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimManess3

Staff online

Members online