Keith Richards snorts...

eccentric man

Reaction score
Yeah. John Entwistle too, upon news of his death. But he went out like a true rock star I suppose. In Vegas with an eight-ball and some hookers.

i have to say this attitude bugs the **** out of me (i don't mean to single you out eithe TC - it's pretty common all over the place) it's like it's not only acceptable for 'rock stars' to live in depraved excess but it's expected. seriously it's ******* bullshit. how the hell does getting coked up with a bunch of whores = musical greatness? yet these people that we're all told to look up to and admire as great artistic role models are all expected to behave like idiot fratboy fuckups until the end.

he had at least one adult son when he died. do you think he was going around telling people how his dad went out like a rock star? telling all his friends his old man went out all coked up with a bunch of whores? would you feel pride telling your friends it's how your dad died?

the traditional 'rock star' attitude and behaviour is definitely on the hate side of my love / hate relationship with modern music.

Last edited:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
With all do respect, if I was Keith Richards, I would absolutely still do cocaine. I don't know if Keith really does it; it's just as likely he ony says so to be hardcore. But it's hard for somebody to think ill of something that has never hurt them in the past, if I had lived like Keith I certainly wouldn't be afraid of a little blow.

eccentric man

Reaction score
but would you be doing it because you're an addict or because it's the 'rock star' thing to do?

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
LOL, yea, but it's no wonder, with all the chemicals these guys doped themselves up with, it's like they are full of formaldehyde. They'll probably live forever. :heheh:

LOL That's what I told my hubby when he was commenting on the miracle that is Keith Richards, never mind that he looks like a corpse. He's still alive and still apparently on drugs, smokes like chimney and drinks Jack Daniels. Somehow there's an element of life just not being fair there. Ah well.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
i have to say this attitude bugs the **** out of me (i don't mean to single you out eithe TC - it's pretty common all over the place) it's like it's not only acceptable for 'rock stars' to live in depraved excess but it's expected. seriously it's ******* bullshit. how the hell does getting coked up with a bunch of whores = musical greatness? yet these people that we're all told to look up to and admire as great artistic role models are all expected to behave like idiot fratboy fuckups until the end.

he had at least one adult son when he died. do you think he was going around telling people how his dad went out like a rock star? telling all his friends his old man went out all coked up with a bunch of whores? would you feel pride telling your friends it's how your dad died?

the traditional 'rock star' attitude and behaviour is definitely on the hate side of my love / hate relationship with modern music.

I guess I came across wrong. I simply meant I was also surprised Entwistle would partake in such antics at his age. Just trying to be a little lighthearted with the whole ordeal.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online