2018 - Firepower
2024 - Invincible Shield

Live Albums:
1979 - Unleashed in the East
1987 - Priest...Live!
1998 - '98 Live Meltdown
2003 - Live in London
2009 - A Touch of Evil: Live

Here's an enormously influential band from the mid 70's, I feel they are the most important NWOBHM band of all. Their brand of metal set the stage for the explosion of bands that followed, including some of the newer sub-genres like speed and death metal. Rob Halford's vocal style and the leather and chains image he brought to Priest have left a huge imprint on the entire metal scene, both performers and fans. I didn't really pay attention to Priest at first, but after I bought "Hell Bent For Leather", I was blown away, and it is my all time favorite NWOBHM album period.

My Judas Priest collection.

Rocka Rolla
Sad Wings of Destiny
Sin After Sin
Stained Glass
Hell Bent For Leather(Killing Machine in Britain)
British Steel
Screaming For Vengeance
Painkiller
Angel Of Retribution

Living After Midnight(Compilation)

One of my favorite songs.

Their first album from 1974.

Judas_Priest_-_Rocka_Rolla-Front-ww.jpg

Judas_Priest_-_Rocka_Rolla-Back-www.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Re: Judas Priest

Love it up till Defenders of the Faith, after that album I don't like the heaviness as much, its too heavy adn metallic for me after that album

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like them in the early part of their career myself, but when Metallica and Slayer and other bands started playing faster and harder, Priest followed suit. I still like their later albums okay, but I don't play them as much as the early recordings.

taha

Reaction score

They may have played faster and harder, but they kept a good rythme and balance to their music. Rarely would they jam w/out some type of harmony. (Some of the harder rockers just jam like they're going nowhere.)
KK and Glen are like Murray and Smith from Maiden, they feed off each other while making the other sound great.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You are absolutely right Taha, the chemistry between KK and Glen is excellent.

taha

Reaction score

You are absolutely right Taha, the chemistry between KK and Glen is excellent.

You might have seen it, but on vh1c they had a Priest interveiw were both KK and Glen are "showing off" in the studio on how they were making some of their songs. It is amazing how those 2 work together.

man would I like to see Priest Maiden mini concert together !!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The follow up to their debut and a much better album Sad Wings of Destiny. Still a little rough around the edges, but establishing the Priest trademark sound. Halford's soaring anthemic vocals the twin guitar attack of Downing and Tipton, in other words Priest was here to stay.

Tyrant.

judas_priest_sad_wings_of_destiny_f.jpg

judas_priest_sad_wings_of_destiny_b.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

In 1977 came "Sin After Sin". This recording is a landmark in heavy metal, from the double pedal drumming of session musician Simon Philips on the stunning track "Dissident Aggressor", to the proto-speed metal guitars of Downing and Tipton in "Call For The Priest/Raw Deal", just a massive album that showed Priest was becoming a major player and pushing the boundaries of Heavy Metal further than ever before.

After this album came out Priest went on tour in the U.S opening for REO Speedwagon and Foreigner, talk about a contrast in styles...lol.

Dissident Aggressor, considered the Heaviest song ever recorded back in the 70's.

judas_priest_sin_after_sin_front.jpg

judas_priest_sin_after_sin_back.jpg

threezeros000

Pink Floyd
Reaction score

Nothing against them. I've got The Best Of Judas Priest, but I feel that doesn't show their best stuff at all, but a good compilation nonetheless.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Compilations are a mixed bag I find, for some bands that I like a little they suffice, if it's a band I'm passionate about then I must have their complete albums, many of the best songs aren't "Hits" at all.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online