Journey "Eclipse" a masterpiece?

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I have them all and then some. The first eight are my favorite, including the three without Perry. Hopefully, you have some of those. After the Escape record Journey leaned more towards Steve Perry and a softer Journey. It's not about the ballads for me. It's about Neal Schon. This new record will be about Neal Schon and I am going to dig it. I have to say their last record Revelation is very good as well.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah I have all of their pre-Perry records now...and 3 or 4 of the Perry era albums too.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I did check out the Live concert footage on youtube that had a few of the new songs from "Eclipse", and besides the sound being bad on the videos, the new album seems like it is going to be pretty decent. I would have to listen to the new album from start to finish to decide if it is a concept and progressive :grinthumb

BTW, those videos no longer exist on YT.............

I agree that the sound on those vids was horrid. Hopefully the band had something to do with those being removed. Those Osaka 1980 videos on there are to die for. The quintessential Journey concert for my taste. The sound and video quality are fantastic. The camera work was kind of goofy though. Check those out if you have not already.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I was interested in this album but now it has my attention. "Hard hitting" is the part that I'm liking the most. I want to see Journey get back to doing some great rockers and not just their ballads getting all of the attention. This sounds like it'll do that. :D

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Yeah I have all of their pre-Perry records now...and 3 or 4 of the Perry era albums too.

I have those on vinyl. More progressive back in those days. Those albums introduced me to Neal Schon. Evolution is probably my all time favorite. Departure was the very first cd I bought when cd's came out. It was on my turn table so I bought it, Rush's Power Windows and The Dark Side Of the Moon.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I was interested in this album but now it has my attention. "Hard hitting" is the part that I'm liking the most. I want to see Journey get back to doing some great rockers and not just their ballads getting all of the attention. This sounds like it'll do that. :D

Most of the footage I saw had Jon Cain on guitar. I think it's going to rock.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have those on vinyl. More progressive back in those days. Those albums introduced me to Neal Schon. Evolution is probably my all time favorite. Departure was the very first cd I bought when cd's came out. It was on my turn table so I bought it, Rush's Power Windows and The Dark Side Of the Moon.

I've liked Neal Schon since his Santana days.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree that the sound on those vids was horrid. Hopefully the band had something to do with those being removed. Those Osaka 1980 videos on there are to die for. The quintessential Journey concert for my taste. The sound and video quality are fantastic. The camera work was kind of goofy though. Check those out if you have not already.

This is the Journey I adore (good stuff Hardnecker):

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I've liked Neal Schon since his Santana days.
He's got great solo cd's too. The one that suprised me the most was "Voice." He basically does instrumental versions of classic hit songs. When I saw Mariah Carey, Shania Twain, Annie Lennox etc on there I was like....oh no! What a great listen that is. His melodic, soulful playing is spot on. His version of Leon Russell's A Song For You is one of the best guitar instrumentals I have ever heard. A record you can put on no matter who is around. Turned out to be a crowd favorite. Who knew?

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Those are the one's Magic. I especially like Of A Lifetime from their first album. After Neal's second solo the crowd erupts in appreciation. Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up too,lol. I'd love a copy of that show.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online