Jonh Mayer -blues in the pop music-

nikval

Reaction score
I heard more blues in my life, and in guitar I prefer play blues licks or songs, form Eric Clapton to Stevie Ray, from Freddie King to Jimi Hendrix...but from last year I listen John Mayer songs...I think he's a very good guitarist, inspired by Stevie Ray and Clapton, but with a songwriter style, like a new Paul Simon...waht do you think about John ?

Ain't No Sunshine - John Mayer Trio (Live At The Crossroads Festival 2010)(HD) - YouTube

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I like John Mayer and have two of his albums: Battle Studies and Born And Raised. He's a good musician and I just hope he matures and stops saying infantile things in his interviews e.g. things about his ex-girl friends.

Fever

Reaction score
What's not to like?

Plenty not to like,I don’t care what Blues greats he has played with .His music isn’t blues and I am not his target demographic

And you are pulling up threads from 2013? Stuff I have long forgotten

Reaction score
Plenty not to like,I don’t care what Blues greats he has played with .His music isn’t blues and I am not his target demographic

And you are pulling up threads from 2013? Stuff I have long forgotten

Umm, I believe it's obvious the post I quoted was from 2013. Was just trying to enlighten you as to to JM's blues. He's a better blues player/singer than what he caters to to make money. Excuse the eff out of me. Won't happen again.

Fever

Reaction score
Umm, I believe it's obvious the post I quoted was from 2013. Was just trying to enlighten you as to to JM's blues. He's a better blues player/singer than what he caters to to make money. Excuse the eff out of me. Won't happen again.
No problem,feel free to post what you want to.
And the only reason I mentioned 2013 is I didn’t know people searched for threads that old . Go listen to Mayer,I will listen to Kenny Wayne Shepherd and the late Gary Moore

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online