John Cougar Mellencamp (Official Thread)

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" John Cougar Mellencamp Thread

Geez, you know you are getting old when someone says they *might* recognize Hurts So Good. John is a great writer and performer, and a better singer than Springsteen in my opinion. Was a real staple on the radio in my teens and hearing his tunes, especially the John Cougar stuff, brings back some great memories.

John was big right from his first album...I remember reading an interview with Nancy Wilson where she described how JC was opening for Heart in the early 80's at a time when their band was tanking. She said they were thrilled to finally have a packed concert, but this only lasted until John finished his set. After he was done half the audience bailed...lol.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Geez, you know you are getting old when someone says they *might* recognize Hurts So Good. John is a great writer and performer, and a better singer than Springsteen in my opinion. Was a real staple on the radio in my teens and hearing his tunes, especially the John Cougar stuff, brings back some great memories.

John was big right from his first album...I remember reading an interview with Nancy Wilson where she described how JC was opening for Heart in the early 80's at a time when their band was tanking. She said they were thrilled to finally have a packed concert, but this only lasted until John finished his set. After he was done half the audience bailed...lol.

I agree with everything you said and at only 31 the "Hurts So Good" comment with no offense to P&C at all made me feel old too! :heheh:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Just recently added these to my collection, giving these a listen in the morning:

life-death-love-and-freedom.jpg
51jqiN64EqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg517df5rbVsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Yep. I figured i'd space it out a little bit with my first few listens, to get a feel for what he sounds like through the years, than once I get familiar with it, i'll get all his other work, just for the sake of it :)

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

I'll admit I only know this because of Uriah Heep's excellent cover, but it's a great song nonetheless.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Giving Life, Death, Love and Freedom currently. I cannot believe I haven't heard this guy before. His voice is incredible, his music is great, and he all around sounds fantastic. It has a bit of a folky vibe to it as well. Must be the acoustic guitar.

Troubled Land is probably my favorite off this album so far, I may put it as my Song of the Day as well.

Reaction score

Here's a cool one off of American Fool

Close Enough

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online