Jimmy Buffet Plans Free Concert for Gulf

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Oil spill: Buffett plans beach concert

Free show set for Gulf Shores, Ala.
June 21, 2010

bilde

The concert is scheduled for 7 to 8:30 p.m. on July 1 and will broadcast live on CMT from "the beach in Gulf Shores," according to a notice posted on Buffett's website, Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville :: Homepage
No further details were available Sunday about the concert's planned location or ticket information.

The concert is the same day Buffett's $50 million Margaritaville Beach Hotel is scheduled to open on Pensacola Beach.

Bob Dority, 49, of Pensacola said he thinks the concert is a good idea for the Gulf Coast.

"It's going to bring people, not oil," he said jokingly. "It's a good thing."
Dority said he would like to see the concert on Pensacola Beach.

"I would rather see it here," he said. "We deserve it. He wants to do a little something bring it here. What's Gulf Shores got to do with Pensacola Beach?"
Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band will be joined on stage by other well-known acts, including Kenny Chesney, the Zac Brown Band, Allen Toussaint, Sonny Landreth and Jesse Winchester.

Buffett also plans to offer a special souvenir T-shirt at the event and through his website.

Buffett has deep ties to the Gulf Coast. He was born in Pascagoula, Miss., and grew up in Mobile and Fairhope, Ala.

His sister, Lucy Buffett, owns Lulu's at Homeport Marina, a restaurant and live-music venue in Gulf Shores.

Russ Brungraber, 53, of Pensacola said he would go to the concert if he had not already planned a July 1 trip to Wisconsin to see his family.
"I'm really bummed," Brungraber said. "I would go in a heartbeat."

Chuck Brower, 64, of Gulf Breeze said he is disappointed the concert is not on Pensacola Beach.

"The concert needs to be here," he said. "Our beaches are cleaner than Gulf Shores, from everything that I've been hearing."
Brower said he understands it would take planning to have the concert on Pensacola Beach but it would be worth it.

"It would bring a bunch of people to the beach," he said. "It would help the businesses out here — people eating at the restaurants and drinking in the bars."

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online